Friday, January 31, 2014

Rockets to Vacuums

As a first time "solo parent" of two, I'm happy to say that it's not as bad as I had imagined.
But, I'm not gonna lie, it's a lot of work!
Most days, I'm too busy to realize that it's a lot of work, but I realized today I have like 4 canker sores in my mouth.
I only get canker sores when I'm tired or stressed, so I guess I'm pretty tired (cause I don't really feel stressed).
If you've ever had one, they HURT like heck!
Of course mine are all strategically in places in my mouth that make it hard to eat and speak properly....ugh!
I never knew how unknowingly tired I would be taking care of two human beings instead of one.
To the stay at home moms of more than 2 kids, I applaud you.
I'm pretty sure if I had one more kid to the mix, I probably would have sold them by now.
(Which is one of the many reasons why my husband and I are 10000000% that we are done after 2 kiddos)

It's still a little crazy to me how much my life has changed in the last two years.

I posted this on my Facebook page last night:
 "I remember a certain time in my life when I was sitting in the ridiculously hot desert of Yuma on the rocket pad after building rockets from 5am until late into the afternoon and the sense of accomplishment that was. 
Tonight, I just cleaned out enough hair to make a wig out of my vacuum cleaner, cleaned the filters out, and put it all back together. I have the same sense of accomplishment as I did in the above statement. Boy, as life changed."

Just reading that statement amazes me. 
I never thought in a million years just how hard being a stay at home mom would be some days.
The only thing harder than being a stay at home mom to me was being deployed.
And even after saying that statement, there are some days that I think that being deployed would be easier than dealing with my kids...lol.

With that, I don't think I've ever felt so fulfilled and so accomplished at the end of every day.
Little things like being able to fix lunch for my daughter, drive her to school, and shuttle her around town to all her activities is something that I cherish and don't take for granted.

I remember sitting at work a few years ago and daydreaming about being able to take my daughter to the park that day because it was so beautiful outside.
Here I am...finally able to do that, and I am so thankful that I get to.

Here's to the weekend, and starting a new month tomorrow!
HOORAY!


I don't believe in "participation awards", but at this age, it's just so darn cute!
Dannika completed her first session in gymnastics and got a participation ribbon.
She was so stinking excited!


 
 

4 comments:

  1. It is hard when you do the parenting alone. I had some rough days, I'm not going to lie. I only have 2 kids but sometimes Natalie is like having 4 rolled into one kid. She can be so dang demanding. And she constantly wants me to play with her. And if I don't play with her, she likes me to watch HER play.

    Love the photo! My daughter loves gymnastics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am there with you girl!!! Kicking it solo all the way in alaska :) I never really realize how tired I am until about 6pm then it just hits me like a ton of bricks. Not to mention some days just draaaaag on when the hubs is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yikes, I hope those canker sores get better! She looks so adorable in her little gymnastics outfit. I did gymnastics when I was little and loved it (my mom loved it because by the time I got home I was pretty worn out!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with
    my zynga group? There's a lot of folks that I
    think would really enjoy your content. Please let
    me know. Thanks

    My website :: drunk driving in arizona

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!