Friday, January 3, 2014

Murphy's Law of Military Wife Life

You know the whole "Murphy's Law" of military wife life?

"If anything can go wrong during a deployment/separation, it will go wrong?"

 I've become victim to that law just about every single time my husband has had to deploy and/or leave for training for a period of time. 

My worst case so far?
I once had a plumbing issue while he was gone for training, and when we came home, they (the plumbers) had ripped apart my daughter's nursery, and had jack hammered a gigantic hole in the floor of her nursery into the foundation of our house to find a pipe that was disintegrating under our home...UNDER our home!!
We had sewage that backed up into our washing machine.....while I had laundry in it.
It took weeks for me to get the smell out of the washing machine.
Let me just add to this story...
We eventually had to rip up ALL of our nice hardwood floors, tear down walls, and rip apart our fireplace because of severe water damage to our entire house, and we lived out of the master bedroom for about a month.
Yes...all this happened while my husband was in Bridgeport, CA doing cold weather training.

This time, he hasn't even left yet.
He leaves on Sunday for 8 weeks to attend a school in Virginia.
We were excited for him to have all this time off during the holidays before he left us.
I had a lot of things that I wanted to do as a family.
Of course those plans were put to an immediate halt when I came down with a stomach flu on Christmas Day.
As soon as I got over it (2 days after Christmas), Nick got it, and was laid out in bed for 2 days.
Just when we thought things were going to be ok, BOOM!
BOTH of my kids AND I woke up with a cough, stuffy noses, and a fever.
Because our son is so young, he hasn't been handling it as well, so we took him to see the doctor, and it turns out he has RSV.
So pretty much since Christmas day, our entire family has been sick.

Sick child #1
Notice the watery eyeballs, and red cheeks....yeah....that's fever, plus ear ache (which we are taking her in for today), congestion and coughing. 

Sick child #2
You can't tell in this pic, but his nose and upper lip are covered in baby mucus and snot, puffy red eyes....that's the fever, the congested hacking.... (sad face)

Sick child #2 with awesome husband #1 (ok, I only have 1 husband ;) )

Our son took a turn for the worse last night, and we are currently in the middle of a snowstorm. 
I woke up this morning and decided we needed to take him to the ER.
Poor little man can barely breathe, and his fever spiked to an all time high in the past 3 days.
Too bad our street has not been snow plowed yet, and we can't get out of our driveway yet until one of us (my husband) gets outside to snow blow/shovel.
Seriously...this is a "living up north" problem!

My husband leaves on Sunday, and I am PRAYING to God that our children are feeling better by then!




3 comments:

  1. At least 8 weeks isn't too long....but that sucks that you are sick. I hope you guys get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! I totally feel for you Hana. Sick babies are the worst, its heartbreaking, not to mention scary when you can't even leave the house. I know what you are going through. And military wife murphy's law is a real thing!!!! People laugh when I say it but the stories I could tell about when my husband is gone would make people wonder about my sanity!
    Anyway, I hope the kids get better asap!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! I saw you mention on Insta that you were hoping they were feeling better by this weekend, but didn't realize it was because Nick was leaving for a few weeks! Hopefully, it will be a smooth journey, and over before you know it!

    ReplyDelete