Wednesday, January 15, 2014

I Think I'll Dance Today

It's official.
I am back in my pre pregnancy size 2 jeans!
Allow me to gloat a little.
I've seriously worked my @$$ off these last 4 months.
Hours of working out and countless miles on the pavement even on days I didn't want to.
Knee pain and knee flair ups...
I FORCED myself.
I even had to practice some major self control over the holidays which meant I didn't quite get to fully enjoy just indulging on some delicious food.
(Maybe that was a good thing)

But it was SO worth it!
I'm totally regretting not taking a "before" pic now.
I was SO self conscious of my body after having the baby that I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror naked.
But it goes to show you that if you aren't happy with something, fix it.
Hard work and discipline.

Let me just add that these jeans did not even fit me prior to finding out I was pregnant with Baby #2.
I had knee surgery 2 years ago, and in the recovery and physical therapy process, I gained 5lbs and all of my jeans were fitting super snug and uncomfortable.
I know 5lbs doesn't seem like a lot, but I have a naturally small frame, and I'm only 5'4.
Five pounds on my frame is the difference between a size 2 and a size 6.
It's crazy because it took me 10 months for me to get back into these jeans after I had Dannika.
I really think that breastfeeding had a huge role in my post pregnancy weight loss.
I've always been a "workout-a-holic", but I didn't breastfeed Dannika past 6 weeks.
 It took me A LOT longer to lose the weight with her.
 Not to mention, I gained 65lbs with Dannika and only 35 with Mattis.
I was even taking weight loss supplements after my first pregnancy, and it took me 10 months.
I haven't been taking any supplements this time because I'm breast feeding.


Oh, and in my overly dramatic excitement this morning in wearing my old jeans, I fell down my stairs and scraped my knee really bad.
But it was in jeans that didn't fit me since after my knee surgery before pregnancy!!!! Win!!!

Let me go do my happy dance now.
Y'all can resume normal activities.


7 comments:

  1. Great job! You look great. That is such an amazing accomplishment you deserve some time to gloat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo that is amazing! You look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing! Thanks for sharing too... it's great motivation for me to get back into shape!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're gonna rock it! Don't get discouraged if it doesn't happen as fast as you like!!! Remember it took me 10 months the first time!!!! The important thing is that you're eating right since you're nursing!!! The rest will happen!!

      Delete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!