Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Day Thoughts

It's 2014, and my kids and I are all sick with awful colds.
I just can't seem to get a break!
My hubby and I did manage to make it to midnight last night, and I got to pop open a bottle of the bubbly stuff to ring in the New Year.

Oh, and did anyone else watch that ridiculously amazing AGGIE FOOTBALL GAME?!?!?
I was seriously screaming and jumping and clapping and having a heart attack!
Go Johnny Football!
 
I don't make resolutions.
I don't hate on people that do.
I just choose to live life trying to make each year better than the last.
I know 2014 will be great because it'll be our first full year as a family of 4.
Mattis will turn 1 this year.
Dannika will start Kindergarten this year.
I'm going to turn 30!
 
I will be starting off the beginning of this year "husbandless" for 8 weeks.
Another part of military life that you would think I'm used to, but I'm not.
This will be my first time being alone with 2 kids for that long, so I'm a little lot stressed about that.
I'm actually praying that it doesn't snow any significant amounts while Nick's gone, cause Lord knows I don't shovel snow, and I don't know how to work the dang snow blower.
I will also be starting the New Year deeply invested in the Word.
I joined a "Bible in 90 days" Facebook group with some ladies I went to high school with, and I'm really excited about it!

Other than that, I hope this new year brings everyone lots of blessings.
I pray that each and every one of you have a better year than last.

And with that...
Off I go to prepare a traditional southern New Years Day meal....
Collard greens, ham hock, and black eyed peas!
 
Last family photo of 2013
As you can tell, we got down and dirty for New Years...in our PJ's...

 

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to the Romer family!! I think you need to lean on your neighbor if it snows - I suspect Nick has some favors coming back your way. I really enjoy reading your blogs - keep it up.
    Good luck with the Bible study - tell anybody "hello" from me if I might know them!!
    Yes, it was an INCREDIBLE game last night. GET WELL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Years to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing game (well other than our HORRIBLE defensive showing in the first half)! I somehow managed to stay calm-ish and didn't throw myself into labor. Happy New Year, and I hope y'all are on the mend soon! We are battling it here too. Trying to get better before Baby gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year!! I am sorry you have to start the year off solo parenting. I know all to well how that goes, and each and every time I am anxious about it. When my husband was gone the last time it snowed a stupid amount and I had no idea how to use the snowblower so I you tubed it!! Hahaha. I was petrified! I will be praying that Mother Nature is on your side :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year -- I hate that you are all feeling under the weather, but definitely know the feeling! The kids cant seem to kick their stuffy noses, either! Good luck with the solo parenting these next few weeks -- you got this, Mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year!

    I hope everyone feels better.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!