Monday, January 13, 2014

Bible in 90 Days and Some Personal Thoughts

It was brought to my attention that I was a "no reply" blogger.
Sorry!
I totally thought I had changed my settings, but I didn't.
They SHOULD be changed now.
Just let me know if they're not!

It's officially been over a week since Nick has been gone, and I must say that things are a lot easier than I had anticipated.
My life as a solo parent isn't as stressful or as horrible as I had imagined.
I tend to make mountains out of mole hills.
The day after he left, I began a "Bible in 90 Days" reading plan with a group of ladies that I went to high school with via a Facebook group.
Most of the ladies are living in Texas, and there are a few of them scattered around the country, but it's nice to be held accountable even if it is on Facebook.
I really enjoy reading everyone's progress and thoughts in the Facebook group.
I think spending a portion of my day invested in the Word has really helped put my soul at ease while raising two kids solo while hubby is away. 
I notice the Lord working in my life, and I can feel His presence at times when I am starting to stress out or get overwhelmed with daily tasks.

If you've followed my blog long enough, it's not a secret that I'm a Christian in love with Jesus.
You also know that I am not perfect, and for those very close to me know that I have a very broken past.

Just like everyone else, I get caught up in gossip, envy, jealousy, pride, and everything in between.
I read a Facebook comment on a friend's page from someone who said "churches are full of self righteous people that are nothing but bigots."
It made me think...What kind of example are we (or I) setting as Christians for people to think this way? 
I know I am totally guilty of being judgmental, and forget the whole idea of compassion at times. 
I'm human, and I'm a sinner.

And by the way, "self righteous people that are nothing but bigots" are the types of people that need to be in church!
One of my favorite quotes from Jefferson Bethke is that "Church is not a museum for good people. It's a hospital for the broken."
So to everyone who says that they don't attend church because it's full of hypocrites, I say, "YES! We WANT hypocrites in church. Hypocrites are the people who need Jesus!"
Oh, and I am guilty.
I am a hypocrite too.

I hope to try a little harder every day to change that attitude that some people have about people who truly have a relationship with God. 
I've been to my fair share of "churches" where I've felt that they had other agendas besides having a relationship with God, but the places where I've met true selfless and loving Christians have always been a "place of worship" to me.

Dannika is such an amazing big sister!
I love watching her play with Mattis.

Post work out selfie, because who doesn't love looking at my beautiful, sweaty face? lol

I LOVE kinesio tape. 
I have a degenerative knee disease, osteoarthritis, and some other issues with my knees that surgery didn't fix.
I'm too young to stop running, and I love to run.
So I tape my knees up before a run to help with the pain.

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work mama!!! Isn't it such a great feeling when you realize that you actually CAN take care of everything when you have too? You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love running and getting a good workout in. I always feel ten times better after a workout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My day isn't complete without a run or a work out!

      Delete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!