Saturday, February 1, 2014

Happy Month of Valentine's Day!

January seriously felt like it was dragging on FOR-EVER.
The fact that Nick left right after the New Year to go TAD has just made it drag on.
I hate months with 31 days.

But, I love February because I love Valentine's Day.
Valentine's Day "haters" drive me crazy.
You know the people who say things like...
"It's a Hallmark holiday."
"Oh yay, I get to spend money on overpriced roses."
"I love so and so every day, and we celebrate love every day." (I say BS on that statement).
"Why do we need a day to tell someone we love them?"

The list goes on, and I just want to smack these people, and say, "Then don't celebrate it, quit complaining about it, and don't ruin the moment for people who enjoy it!"

It's no secret that I love my husband, and I'm pretty vocal about it to the point where I'm sure people roll their eyes every time they see a post from me about how awesome he is.
But as we navigate life, marriage, and children together, I think we deserve one day out of the year to really acknowledge, "HEY, I FREAKING LOVE YOU!"

And this girly girl is a sucker for overpriced Valentine's Day flowers.
Actually, I'm a sucker for flowers period.

I love it more now as a mom of a preschooler.
I'm beyond excited to send my daughter off to school with her little Valentines.

I got this new fancy smancy DSLR for Christmas since I outgrew my Canon Rebel.
I decided to put it to use and take some cute photos of my kiddos and make personalized cards on shutterfly.com for my daughter's class!

Here are a couple pics I took!

Please...no judging....
I'm not a professional, and I don't ever planning on becoming a "photog".
I didn't edit any of these.
I'm just a "momtog" with a decent DSLR taking pics of my kids.
 (I know some of you photographers get all sensitive about regular people with our DSLRs!)




Do you like Valentine's Day?
If so, what kinds of things do you do?

5 comments:

  1. I love valentines day -- unfortunately, I married someone who, not only isn't a romantic, but hates ALL holidays and doesn't get the fuss. I blame it on upbringing! My mom still did little things for ALL the holidays, even when I was in college ... vs his family who didn't do anything for any, unless it was Christmas and even then, he's said after age 10 they never did anything enjoyable or memorable. So sad! The pictures are ADORABLE! And definitely frame-worthy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you gotta get him into the spirit!!!! They secretly love it...lol

      Delete
  2. Hello! I stumbled across your blog from a Military S.O. Directory. This is a super cute post! I have to agree, I am totally focusing this whole month around Valentine's Day. It's an excuse to show your love just how much you love them another day out of the year! Who wouldn't want to celebrate something like that? I got it out of my husband that he is planning something for us and I cannot wait to spend our first Valentines Day as a married couple together. Although, honestly, we are celebrating a weekend earlier considering he will be working on the actual day. Absolute adorable pictures of your kids by the way. For not editing and what not I have to say they look wonderful! Have fun with your new camera!

    www.peaceforeverbby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad someone else shares my love for cheesy holidays!! Checking out your blog now!

      Delete
  3. Cute pics! I love Valentines day too! My honey is deployed right now so we sent him a Valentines Day themed care package. Hoping we get to do something romantic next year. My girls love any holiday, that's totally my excuse to go all out. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!