Friday, February 7, 2014

Favorites Lately

I am a big believer in what you put in your mouth has a bigger impact on your weight loss than anything.
You can run 10 miles a day, but if you go home and eat cake and junk food all the time, you're not going to see results. 
I love to snack.
I'm always craving a little something here and there all day long (no matter how big and satisfying my meals are).
I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and I don't like decadent desserts, chocolate, cake, etc.
It doesn't mean I don't crave sweets though!
But when I crave sweets, it's not something quite as indulgent as normal people crave.
Lately, I've been going through my "sweet tooth" phase.
What's my favorite healthy snack that satisfies my sweet tooth?
I love celery sticks and peanut butter.
I always buy all natural peanut butter, and I always check the ingredients to make sure that the only thing in it is roasted peanuts!
No added sugars, preservatives, oil, etc. etc. etc.
Then to make it a little sweet (since all natural peanut butter has no added sugar), I drizzle a little bit of honey into it.
I like doing it this way cause I can really control how much sweetness I'm putting into it.
It totally satisfies my sweet cravings!
I know most people are reading this thinking, "Really? That's your SWEET craving?!"
Seriously...for a girl who doesn't enjoy desserts, this is it!
I blame it on my Korean upbringing.
Koreans usually don't finish a meal with dessert, and after a nice meal, most Koreans eat fruit as their "dessert".
Most Korean restaurants you go to will give you orange slices or watermelon for dessert after a meal (and it's always complimentary)!

Another thing I don't drink is juice.
This goes back to the fact that I don't really like sweet things.
My unhealthy liquid that I can't live without is diet Dr. Pepper, and I only have that when I'm enjoying a cocktail (more on that another time).
But water does get pretty boring, so I like to spruce up my water.
Lately, I've been digging this...
I just fill up a large pitcher with water and drop slices of cucumber and apple into it.
It gives my water such a refreshing taste, and I seriously go through a 2L pitcher a day!
Sometimes, if I don't have apples, I'll either throw some lemon slices in there or squeeze a lemon directly into my water.
I tried apples and lemons once, and it was just too much acidity in the water.
I feel like I'm at the spa when I'm drinking it.

Another few "favorites"...

This knit beanie/mitten combo from Old Navy.

This adorable "monster" onesie from Gymboree.

This cute flat brimmed cap from H&M.
Channeling his inner Vanilla Ice....
Also, I am very aware that he clashes.
I was just trying his new hat on him....calm down folks.

And this adorable hat from H&M also.

I used to drive a fancy shmancy, overpriced German made vehicle when I lived in Cali (and had a job).
I traded it in for a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited when I moved out here to New England.
I am SO glad that I did!
The 4WD seriously gives me a little more confidence on the icy, slushy roads here.

And my last favorite of this post...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!