Friday, February 14, 2014

Just Another Love Story...(that belongs to me....)

This post started off as an entirely way too long post on "how I met my husband".
Then I decided, no one REALLY cares about all the details.
I mean, I love to read a good love story, and I've said before that the first thing I look for on a new blog is the "about me" in hopes of a cute little love story.

Here's the short version of how I met the "marshmallow on my s'more".
The shortened story...
Friday night. 25th birthday celebration.
me. bad boyfriend. one of my girlfriends. bar.
me and bad boyfriend get in fight. 
I ditch bad boyfriend to have fun (not gonna let some MAN ruin MY birthday!).
I run into friend who introduces me to his friend named "Nick".
Nick and I have brief "hello".
Night ends.
Monday morning. Rifle Range for qualification.
Tall white Staff Sergeant in cammies recognizes me from bar on Friday. 
I realize tall white Staff Sergeant is Nick. 
Me-->Sergeant + Him-->Staff Sergeant = Super awkward for me.
Nick spends the week flirting with me while we both attempt to do our annual rifle qualification. He still shoots expert. I lose my expert and end up shooting "pizza box" (womp womp).
I find Nick on MySpace (this was before FB was big). I message Nick.
We go out on date.
One month later. We decide to get married.
Without telling anyone.
We decide Monday to fly to Vegas Friday after work.
Vegas. Hooters. Courthouse. Little white chapel. (All at like midnight).

After getting married on the Vegas strip!
Saturday morning at crack of dawn. Fly back to San Diego. 
 Nick goes back to work as a married man that afternoon.
After no sleep.

The End.

And here we are 6 years later!

People told us we were crazy, and people told us it would never work.
People predicted our marriage would last a year at best. 
We wanted to prove everyone wrong.
I think we have so far.  With God in the center of our marriage, I'm confident that we've already proven everyone wrong.
I'm not gonna bore y'all with all the sappy "he's my rock. my lover. my best friend. etc. etc. etc."

But I will say this.
Our marriage has been hard work.
We argue.
We fight.
We hurt each other's feelings sometimes.
I threw an iPod at him once out of anger (true story...and it was a really long time ago...sorry honey).
Our life has had some crazy twists and turns.
We've probably spent more time apart than together.
But there isn't a single moment I'd take back, because all those imperfect moments are what has made us...well...US! 

It isn't a fairy tale every single day, but I married my Prince Charming.
Who could ask for anything more?

Happy Valentine's Day, y'all!

(PLEASE PRAY THAT MY HUSBAND CAN GET ON HIS FLIGHT TONIGHT TO COME SEE US THIS WEEKEND!)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I didn't know your love story. I think it's pretty cool. Married after a month a little scary but it worked and it's working! Congratulations! I hope you had a great Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I love other stories similar to ours -- fast tracked marriages that are SUCCESSFUL! We were often told we were crazy and that things wouldn't work out, either ... and yet a lot of those people who told us that are the ones getting divorced, or not married. And we're still carrying on. Congrats guys -- on knowing something real when you see it! And for not waiting!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!