Wednesday, February 19, 2014

How I REALLY Feel

I know I complain a lot about New England.
But I thought I'd address something today, because people are getting the wrong impression of my complaints.
First of all, I don't hate New England people.
I hate Boston drivers.
Even Bostonians hate Boston drivers...yeah...they all hate each other on the road there, and if you don't believe me...go attempt to drive there.
But New Englanders that we have met here and let into our lives have been extremely friendly.
I live on the friendliest street I've ever lived on, and we attend a church with some of the most welcoming and kind-hearted people I have ever met.
Some New Englanders tend to be pretty rough around the edges with their "Bah-ston accents", but I've gotten used to that.
That's just how they are here!
The guy at the deli yelled at me to hurry up with my order once, and I took it for rudeness.
After being back to that deli a few times, he still yells at me, but with a smile, a joke, and a genuine curiosity about how my kids are doing.
I get it.
It's the culture here.
I hate the roads IN Boston.
I hate New England winters.
That means I most likely will hate winter in Michigan, Maine, North Dakota, Alaska....basically anywhere in the world where snow is the norm during the winter. 
But I have never lived in any place that snows in the winter, so for now, I hate New England winters.
I could never, ever, ever permanently make a place with winters like here my forever home.
I get the winter blues really. bad. 
I can't live in a place where I'm only happy 6-8 months out of the year.
So I hope this straightened everything out for anyone who got the COMPLETE wrong impression.
And no, I won't stop complaining about the winter, because guess what?
It snowed all day yesterday, and we got another "burst of snow" today.
Our snow fall totals are more than Alaska this winter.
MORE THAN ALASKA, PEOPLE?!
That isn't normal.....

And for those of you asking how my little man is doing...

6 comments:

  1. What a cutie! New Englanders aren't bad people, just a different way of life! But I will agree, this winter is getting to everyone, it's horrendous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ft. Devens was our LEAST favorite place to be stationed thus far. It was downright just torturous. I think that is why New Englanders are "mean" …too much snow and ice and cold weather turns them into big meanies…also, I agree with driving in Boston… And I've driven downtown LA in rush hour and didn't hate it as much as I hate Boston driving. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean I feel for you! We have 9 solid months of winter every year. It's hard. Cabin fever gets to you. I don't know if you guys beat out all of alaska in snowfall maybe just anchorage. In Girdwood, AK they have gotten 353" of snow this winter. That's only an hour away from us!! It's insane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hailing from New England, i know exactly what you mean. And you are right, even other New Englanders HATE Boston driving. There is a reason they call it the "Boston Salute" {flipping the bird and laying on your horn at the same time!} I accidentally did that once here in NC ... and my husband lost his MIND telling me I couldn't just do that to people, no matter how pissed off I was at the other drivers! But yes -- winters there SUCK unless you are a die-hard skiier/ice fisher/etc. Thats one thing I DO NOT miss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLOLOLOLOL - and that is why we're called Massholes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We got to live in New England for 2 years. I enjoyed the history around me but I could do without the snow. Driving scared me a bit too.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!