Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Happy 1/2 Birthday!

Yes, you get TWO blog posts today....feel special.

This tough little guy is 1/2 a year old today!
Oh little guy, 
This month has been full of change and drama in your little life.
* You survived your first separation from daddy.
 * You are sitting up for longer periods of time unassisted.
* You roll around all over the place, and have even started to attempt to crawl!
* You weigh as much as your sister did when she was 1! (HOLY CHUBSTER!)
* You had a reaction to green beans.
* You used to LOVE avocados, and last night, you decided you hated them, and projectile vomited them all over mama and daddy's comforter and sheets.
* You burned your poor little right hand on a Keurig and absolutely broke this mama's heart.
* You took your first (and hopefully your last) ambulance ride to be transferred to a pediatric burn unit in Boston.
* You're sister is the only one that can make you laugh uncontrollably with her silly antics (like pretending to fall down the stairs)

I can't wait to see what this next month brings!

*Burn Update*
He had his follow up check up at Shriner's Children's Burn Unit in Boston yesterday.
The nurse practitioner and all the nurses that saw his hand were amazed at how fast and well his hand was healing!
In fact, when we got there, they had a room all set up to redress his hand, but when they took the bandages off, they decided it was well enough to just keep them off!
If you don't believe in prayer, this is just a personal testimony of just how powerful prayer is.
I don't think I've prayed so hard and with such a pleading heart this entire week asking God to heal Mattis' hand.
I prayed myself to tears some days.
So the news we got at the hospital today gave me peace in my heart for the first time this week.
I knew God had listened and heard my pleas. 
Praise God!

9 comments:

  1. Praise God for the healing and half birthday! yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy he is doing so well, you have to feel so relieved! He is such a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad all is well with his hand!! What a relief! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a sweet boy. I can't get over how cute he is, mama!! And what a wonderful blessing. Prayers really do work <3 I am so glad to hear he's healing so well!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!