Monday, February 17, 2014

Ice Dams?

 Ever heard of an ice dam?
Neither have I until I moved to this part of the country.
Basically, ice dams happen in your home when you get snow, the snow melts, the water runs into tiny little cracks and crevices on your roof, the water freezes overnight in the cracks, the next day, the water starts to melt (due to the sun or poor insulation), and it starts leaking into your house.
Yeah...we have those.
It's not fun to have leaks in random parts of your house. 
Oh, and we are expecting another 6-8 inches of snow tomorrow followed by rain towards the end of the week which could possibly make our little problem a big problem.
 
Nick is leaving today, and I was originally pretty pumped because it's his last week away.
But now that I have to deal with these ice dams and leaks, I'm not too happy about him leaving.

I've always thought Boston/New England would be a cool place to just visit.
There's so much history here and just some really cool things about it that you can't find anywhere else in the country.
Now that I've lived here, and it's put such a sour taste in my mouth, I'll be ok if I never come back to this part of the country ever again when Nick is done here.

I'm so over this.
As you can see, Mattis was not impressed with the snow or the snow attire.
He's definitely my son!

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of an ice dam. Not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh it's been a rough winter, especially for you guys out east! I've never heard of ice dams either. Hope your week goes by quickly and without any issues! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice Dams are kind of like frost heaves. They happen up here, although I don't know anyone personally that it's happened to - and I have lived here all my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( I've never heard of Ice Dams (I've never really heard of snow, living in Los Angeles) but I'm so sorry you have to deal with that right now, mama :(
    I'm sure those 2 little ones of yours brighten the day though...they are just precious! And Mattis' face is just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes. I'm sorry, I'd be irritated with all that too. I am not fond of the constant cold.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!