Monday, May 4, 2015

Was There a Fight?

I don't watch boxing, nor do I particularly like the sport.
But when "the fight of the century" was happening this weekend, the only thing I could think of was a reason to have a party at our house!
I'm a sucker for any occasion to have friends over, and smoke some pork shoulder and ribs!
I figured if we were ordering the fight, I might as well get spun up on all the hoopla.
After much research, I decided I was #teampacman.
Floyd Mayweather didn't sit right with me because of his history of violence towards women, his attitude, his cockiness....
The icing on the cake was when I read that he claimed to have done more for boxing that Muhammed Ali.
So, I picked the humble Manny Pacquiao.

We invited our neighbors and some friends of ours to our house to eat Nick's delicious pork shoulder and St. Louis style ribs.

When we first bought our home, one of the biggest selling points for us was this giant deck in the backyard.
It was so perfect for entertaining guests, and we pictured lots of BBQ's.
The only problem was that whoever built the deck, didn't take the time to put a protective coat on it.
So before the fight, Nick and I spent the entire day staining our deck with a protective coat!

Here we are on our newly refinished deck!

And I was having a really good hair day...

And these two....
makin' this mama's heart melt.

See?? Good hair day AND good make up day!
I couldn't resist a selfie. 

It was a beautiful day outside on Saturday for a fight night, BBQ, and bubbles!


A good old game of cornhole with friends...

My pregnant neighbor and I with our giant watermelon slices.


Nick installed a TV outside on our porch.
It was so awesome to BBQ and hang out outside and watch the fight!

So in the end, Dannika and I fell asleep on a lawn chair in the middle of the main event.
And from what I hear, we didn't miss much.
It wasn't the "fight of the century" that everyone had anticipated.
When even Mike Tyson tweets, "We waited 5 years for that... #underwhelmed #MayPac", I knew I hadn't missed much.
Still a little disappointed that the more humble boxer did not win the match, but my life will go on.
And I am still not a boxing fan.


7 comments:

  1. We didn't watch the fight I just kept up with it via twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't care about it either but it is an excuse for a party! And i am with you regarding being team Pacman for the same reasons! You looked great btw and good hair and makeup days need to be documented! That pic of the kiddos is way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't care about it either but it is an excuse for a party! And i am with you regarding being team Pacman for the same reasons! You looked great btw and good hair and makeup days need to be documented! That pic of the kiddos is way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun party.

    I didn't watch the fight. I think I watched a Lifetime movie instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE lifetime movies. They're my guilty pleasure.

      Delete
  5. YES! He is so not humble.. and I can't stand the cockiness I was team Manny all the way! But disappointed in the end that we paid $100 for that.. Haha. What a fun party though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could care less about the fight also, but If I had to root for someone, it would have been for Manny!
    Love your porch!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!