Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Rain, Rain, Go Away

It's been raining a lil bit in Texas....
By "lil bit", I mean torrential downpour....we need to build an ark like Noah type rain.
There are families that are missing...people whose homes have been swept away by floods...
It's devastating.
My parents live in Houston, and the bottom story of their home flooded.
Luckily, there was nothing TOO valuable that was ruined, but a few of my mom's photo albums got a little wet. 
I am grateful to God that that's the only damage that occurred to my parent's home.
We've gotten a lot of rain here in College Station, but we have been fortunate enough to avoid any heavy flooding (at least in my part of CS).

Here is a "no filter" photo I took of the sky at 8:20 in the evening a few nights ago....
Thunderstorms and tornado warnings...
Welcome Home to Texas!

And some random photos from the weekend (most posted on Instagram)...

I LOVE this photo of Nick and Mattis eating breakfast together on Saturday morning.
It perfectly captures a normal Saturday at our home...

Ever had a "beet margarita"?!? 
There's a new taco joint in College Station called "Mad Taco" , and not only do they have the most AMAZING tacos....
Their beet margarita is to die for...
Oh...did I mention I hate tequila and margaritas?!

Dannika had her end of semester gymnastics party....
Nick and Mattis took full advantage of the access to the gym...

Dannika also lost her very first tooth!!


The "tooth fairy" AKA Nick...brought her 4 dollars!!!!
I guess the tooth fairy takes inflation into account.

Random photo of a fort Nick built for the kids.

And THIS girl...
Is almost done with Kindergarten...
2 more days...

I. can't. take. it.

6 comments:

  1. We have been getting the aftermath of those storms here in Louisiana, it has been nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is all it seems to do here also, the rain is just crazy this yr! And i love that pic of them eating breakfast also, soooo sweet! I have been on an advocado kick lately too and I can't believe I didn't think of just adding pico de gallo to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is all it seems to do here also, the rain is just crazy this yr! And i love that pic of them eating breakfast also, soooo sweet! I have been on an advocado kick lately too and I can't believe I didn't think of just adding pico de gallo to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beet margarita? What does it taste like? That sounds gross!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! It's beet juice, simple sugars, tequila. They have an amazing strawberry basil margarita too!

      Delete
  5. If you are looking for rain sounds for your nature audio collection, then there are quite a few different kids that you will find available on the market.
    river sounds

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!