Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Being a Dance Mom

My sister and I were dancers growing up.
We danced at the "it" dance studio of Bryan/College Station during that time.
I took ballet, tap, jazz, lyrical, and pointe throughout my "dance career", and even managed to dance in a few competitions and dance camps. 
I have nothing but fond memories of it, and it was probably one of my most favorite extra curricular activity that my super Asian parents made me participate it (piano, violin, & Kumon).
When I found out I was pregnant with a sweet baby girl, I had dreams of being a "dance mom", and I couldn't wait to put her in dance.
As soon as she turned four, I signed her up immediately.
I'm pretty sure I was more excited than she was, and Nick probably thought I was a little crazy. 
It was so much fun taking her to the Capezio store to buy her leotards, tights, and dance shoes. 
I couldn't wait for her to get started!
I remember her first dance class, and how hard I worked on her bun.
I remember sitting in the viewing room and watching her twirl around awkwardly to the Frozen soundtrack...
I had the biggest smile on my face because SHE looked so happy.
The came recital time, and I realized being a "dance mom" is stressful.....

AND MY CHILD WAS ONLY 4 AT THE TIME!!
Putting her make up on....
Have you tried putting mascara on a 4 year old?!?!
Yeah...it ain't easy!
We fought...I yelled at her trying to put on stage make up on my 4 year old...
"STOP BLINKING!"
"PUCKER YOUR LIPS! NOOOO NOT A DUCK FACE...A NATURAL PUCKER!"
I swore that we were going to quit dance, and just stick to gymnastics...
But that didn't happen...
When we moved to Texas, I signed her up for dance again (because I probably forgot the hassle it was to be a "dance mom").
ANNND....
I signed her up for gymnastics twice a week.
Just shoot me now, right?
Again, I swore up and down that this was our last year in dance....

Then came recital picture time...




Ok...maybe ONE more year...
Then we're DONE!





yeah right....
I know darn well that Dannika Jane will be in dance AND gymnastics until she's in high school.
She's already decided that she wants to be a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader when she grows up....

10 comments:

  1. Cutest little recital pictures! Aww! Love it! It sounds like she really enjoys both dance and gymnastics! When we found out our baby is a girl, I was so stoked at the possibility of these things in the future!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics of her, how can you say no to dance after thise pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics of her, how can you say no to dance after thise pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww - this was our first year with dance ... pictures went pretty smooth {although I got SO MAD that the photographer only took ONE group shot, of a group of 3-5 year olds, and in that ONE shot, Savannah was the only one blinking ... ugh} but Im not necessarily looking forward to recital. Because of the stress. LOL But once you see how much fun they have, and how beautiful they look, how can you deny them, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww - this was our first year with dance ... pictures went pretty smooth {although I got SO MAD that the photographer only took ONE group shot, of a group of 3-5 year olds, and in that ONE shot, Savannah was the only one blinking ... ugh} but Im not necessarily looking forward to recital. Because of the stress. LOL But once you see how much fun they have, and how beautiful they look, how can you deny them, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! I want Grace to do dance and soccer! Can't wait for her to be old enough! Glad Dannika enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I want Grace to do dance and soccer! Can't wait for her to be old enough! Glad Dannika enjoys it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is too precious! I'll put my future daughters in dance but I know they probably won't be very good at it if they are anything like their mother... I have two left feet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pics are SO cute! I used to dance growing up and I can't wait until Layla is old enough to start!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!