Sunday, April 6, 2014

Venting and a 72 Chevelle

This week has been SO LOOOONNNG!
I have LOVED having my husband home this week, and I love taking care of him.
In fact, I kind of like the fact that he is so "crippled" because he has no choice but to let me take care of him.
HOWEVER, my week of taking care of 3 "babies" instead of 2, on top of my normal day to day life has been exhausting (but fulfilling)!
I've spent my week scolding my husband whenever he bends over too far, tries to lift the kids, sleeping on his side, wants to vacuum (seriously...you know he's bored when he wants to vacuum) etc. etc. etc.
The man can't sit still, and I know he feels guilty that he's not able to help around the house, no matter how much I tell him that I really do enjoy taking care of him.
Apparently, some of his midshipmen have decided to make a big joke out of his injury, and are planning on bringing it up at mess night (google mess night if you don't know what it is).
I tried to laugh about it at first because I'm all about a good low blow every once in a while and a jab here and there.
I mean, he did get injured playing dodgeball with a bunch of college kids, and I guess if you think about it a certain way, it's kind of funny.
I spent 10 years in an organization where it's common for people to constantly make fun of each other and make low blows at each other (all for the sake of a good laugh).
But after spending this week taking care of my husband and carefully monitoring his eye, it's starting to piss me off a little.
I guess it upsets me that someone is making light of a situation that isn't very funny to me.
 I have spent my week nursing my husband back to health while raising two crazy kids.
I can't help but think of all the plans I had this week with spring cleaning and errands, and all those plans got put to a halt because of this injury.
I guess they (the midshipmen) are lucky that my husband can take a joke and has a sense of humor, and that my husband can also instill the fear of God in them if need be.
Lord knows if it were me that were in Nick's shoes, they wouldn't be making "light" of the situation.
I would have made that clear from the get go.

WOW, that felt good the vent.

Now for some happy photos.

I seriously can not get enough of the two men in my life.

 My daughter's been in gymnastics since last August.
She's one of the youngest gymnasts in her class of 4-5 year olds, so she's been lagging a little with her skills.
I can proudly say that she can finally do a cartwheel and a round off without the help of a block!

 And we have been thoroughly enjoying this awesome Spring time weather!


And lastly....
Nick has been talking about getting an old car that he can work on since as long as I have known him!
He had an old 68 Chevy C10 in high school that he reminisces about ALL THE TIME.
He tells me stories constantly about all the work he did on the truck himself.
Well, he got his wish, and we are the proud new owners of a 1972 Chevy Chevelle.
It's pretty much fully restored, and Nick has already been talking about what improvements he wants to do to it.
It arrives next week, and I'm pretty pumped about it!
Here's a photo of the engine!
I'll post a pic of the car once it gets here, and I assure you it's gorgeous!




1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a cool old car - he is going to have fun tinkering with that.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!