Saturday, April 26, 2014

Date Yo Spouse

Nick and I came to a revelation a few months ago that since our son was born (last August), we had only gone out on ONE date together without the kids.
I'm sure many of y'all can understand how easy it is to forget to "date your spouse" when you throw work, life, and kids into your marriage!
We made a pact to make sure we go on TWO kid free date nights a month, and so far, we've been good with sticking to that!
I look forward to our "kidless" date nights.

I love my kiddos, but I love my husband first.
No...I don't have that backwards.
If you look into a Christian based marriage, the order of priority when it comes to love is God, marriage, THEN children.

I have the most adorable husband in the world.
He actually formally asks me out on a date, and gives me the opportunity to decide if I'm going to accept or decline. 
I told him that I may be washing my hair on Friday, and I'll have to think about it (it's about the chase, ladies! lol). 
I eventually told him I had postponed my hair washing event in order to accompany him on a date. 
One of our favorite things to do on a date night is to go to Legal Seafoods, sit at the bar (something you can't do with kids), order oysters on the half shell, and have drinks.
And that is exactly what we did!

Let's start with the date night outfit.
The shirt is a pink lace shirt from Free People, skinny jeans from NY & Co., bangle bracelets from Arden B., Esparadilles from Chinese Laundry, and of course my LV Speedy bag!

Nick was super excited to take me out in his 1972 Chevelle.

The car is super fast, and people are always staring at us when we take it out!
It really is an amazing car.
necklace : Swarovski





Extra dirty martini with Tito's vodka (Texas vodka...the BEST).
Funny story, I actually got "cut off" from the bar at Legal Seafoods.
They have some law/rule that you can only have two mixed drinks in an hour.
Another reason why Massachusetts sucks sometimes....noted.

After appetizers and drinks at Legal Seafoods (after I was cut off), we went to a local chocolatier called "Chocolate Therapy".
 I love supporting local and small businesses.
The chocolate here is ALL handmade every morning in batches.
I had a pistachio macaroon and a truffle that tasted like a cinnamon roll....SO GOOD!

Nick had a chocolate chip shake with a dark chocolate raspberry truffle blended into it.

Before we called it a night, we swung by Outback Steakhouse to have one last martini.
I tried their new Skinny Girl martini...delicious!

We had the best time ever, and when we got home, our sitter had the baby asleep, and was sitting on the couch hanging out with Dannika.

I'm totally guilty of forgetting how important it is to go out every once in a while with your spouse.
It's SO nice to have uninterrupted grown up conversation, and to just spend good quality time together.
It gets you out of the "rut" that everyday life can put on a marriage and family life.
Our kids get happy parents.
I feel like after our "date nights", we come back so recharged.

My advice...
"Date yo spouse!"

5 comments:

  1. Aww I love that Nick formally asks you out to each date! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE to be able to work in 2 date nights a month. We are lucky if we get 1 every three months. You are SO RIGHT, they make you feel so recharged afterwards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!!! I can't remember our last date night. We are both paranoid freaks about leaving our kids. It only happens when grandma comes to town!! Clearly we need to learn to let go! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a perfect date! Cant go wrong with all those martinis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Cant' believe you got cut off. Clearly a sign you needed your date night! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!