Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday

I'm a pretty open person about my faith on my blog (and in real life).
I mean, my caption on the side of my blog says that, "I'm a Jesus' lovin' former U.S. Marine...".
God is #1 in our family's home, in our marriage....basically in everything.
I constantly remind my daughter that "in this family, we serve God first" and that everything we do, "we do it to glorify God."

I fall short of that every single day.
I gossip, I complain, I judge....
That's just 3 things of the hundreds of other things I do wrong.
I'm a sinner...just like everyone else.

But how awesome is it that God gave his only son as a sacrifice for me so that despite ALL of my imperfections, shortcomings, and sins, I am saved.

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life." -John 3:16

Eternal Life.

How awesome is that!?

"He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed."-1Peter 2:24

Can you imagine dying a horrific, slow, and painful death for the sake of generations of people to come who will hate you, mock you, and despise you?

I don't think there is a moment in the history of the world where love greater than that has been shown.

Nick and I had our morning coffee together today, and prayed together before he went to work.
We haven't prayed together the past few weeks because he's been home.
Our schedules and routines were all off, and we barely had any quiet time alone together.
We're back on schedule now, and it felt good to have that prayer time together.
It was important for us to thank God for sending his only Son down on earth for our shortcomings both personally and through our marriage.
I am so thankful for a God who is always pursuing me and for a God who is constantly forgiving me....every single day.


1 comment:

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!