Thursday, April 10, 2014

Chevelles & Siblings

We are officially the proud new owners of a 1972 Chevy Chevelle!
There are 3 things that I find sexy in a man...
 1) A man in dress blues (check)
2) A man who can shoot guns (check)
3) A man who knows how to work on American muscle cars (check)
 
The vehicle is almost fully restored, and it needs just enough work done to it to keep Nick busy with it for a while.
Once he gets everything he wants done to it, he'll probably spend the next 10 years just upgrading things here and there.
We're hoping one of the kids will end up wanting it!
I haven't seen him this excited since our trip to California!
With all the crap that's happened the past few weeks, we really needed something good to happen!
 Did I mention how nice it's been to have my husband to myself these past few days (even if he's blind)?
I really enjoy not sharing him with midshipmen and a bunch of random Officers at work every day.
Especially since he's gone so much, he's actually had a chance to spend some real quality time with the kids, and he seems so much happier.
When he's working, he's always cranky about something/someone or annoyed by something/someone work related.
It's nice to see him not thinking about work for once, and it's nice that his phone is not blowing up with texts, emails, and randomness from work!

Did I mention how excited we are to be leaving AMOI duty!?!?!?

Oh, and today is National Sibling Day!

Brother and sister :)

And here's one of my little sister and I from a few years back in San Diego!

And just a random, insanely adorable photo of "the General".

Happy Thursday, y'all!

2 comments:

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!