Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Feeling Like Death

Soccer, Mastitis, UTI.
This has been my life for the last 5 days or so.
If you care to know, read on, if not, just check out my adorable kids pictures!

These past few days have been crazy, crazy...
D had her first soccer practice on Friday...
I thought she would be the kid staring at the sky and picking flowers, all while running in the wrong direction.
To my surprise, she was a pretty serious soccer player!
 I was seriously impressed.

My Saturday started off fairly uneventful.
Nick had to work until pretty late, so it was just the kiddos and me all day.
I decided to try out the double BOB, and take a little run slow jog brisk walk to D's school.
Her school is only a mile and a half away from our house, and I wanted to start walking her to school before the weather got unbearably cold.
This was our "test run" to see how long it would take me.
Switching from a single jogger to a double is a huge adjustment!

After we got home from our "jog", I started feeling tired, and I attributed that to the 3 miler that we had just completed.
By two in the afternoon, I noticed I was getting chills, and a few short hours later, I had a full blown 103 degree fever and was feeling miserable.
Feeling this way while caring for a 4yo and nursing a newborn is absolutely the worst!
I held off on complaining to Nick, because I didn't want him to feel obligated to rush home from work to my bedside rescue.
I also hate being "that wife"...you know...the one that is constantly calling the spouse at work.
By six thirty, it was almost unbearable, and I frantically texted Nick telling him that I was feeling sick.
By the time he got home, I could sense by his demeanor that he thought I was exaggerating and being dramatic.
That is, until he realized how high my fever was.
He took Sunday off from work, and stayed home to care for the baby and D while I laid on my deathbed.
I felt horrible guilty the entire day because he took a day off from an important training event from work because of me, and on top of all of that, he was way behind on his homework for college.
I held off on whining to him about taking me to the ER and suffered silently all day while he caught up on college, did some work on his laptop, and watched the kids.
By Monday morning, my fever had not gone down, and it had gotten worse.
I decided that I had to be seen that day, and my poor hubby had to ask for another day off to care for my sick butt.
We went to urgent care, and the doctor took one look at my boob and said, "it's mastitis."

So let me just add..
This is the worst pain I've felt in a looooong time.
I can barely lift my right arm.
It's painful to nurse.
It's painful to lay on my sides.
I have horrible chills.
Fever.
HORRIBLE night sweats.

Oh yeah...
As soon as we got home from urgent care with antibiotics, D started complaining of painful urination.
So poor hubby was out the door again (with newborn in tow so that I could rest), and took her to the doctor.
She was tested negative for UTI, but we haven't gotten the results from the rest of her lab work yet.

I was put on bed rest for 24 hours to give the antibiotics to get a chance to kick in.
So hubby took today off to let me rest.

I feel horrible that he has taken 3 days off of work because of me.
It makes it worse cause I know how behind he has gotten at work.
Between being up all hours of the night with the newborn and being tired and the stress of being behind at work, I can see it in his face.

I am so incredibly blessed to have a husband who puts his family above everything.
He literally dropped everything on his schedule to care for me, and he has not let me do a single thing besides nurse our son.
I honestly don't know if I would have survived these past few days without his help.
As cute as this little guy is, he has been quite a handful!
Thank you, hubby!!

I'm starting to feel a teeny bit better, and it gives me a glimmer of hope that tomorrow will be 100 times better!

Check out my babies newborn photos!
They look so much alike in these photos.
My D was a lot chubbier.
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear girl I wish I was there to hold a baby or do some housework for you. Mastitis is the worst and I had it when J was deployed. :(
    Praying you are better SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would survive if nick was deployed!!! I was thinking about that today. I would have totally taken the first flight outta here go go home to Texas. It is the worst thing ever!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, you guys are having a bad spell! Feel better everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my!!! Mastitis is hands down the worst thing ever! It attacks your whole body so quickly! I had it when baby A was a month old and my husband was in australia for training. I had all three kids so I called my doctor begging him just to prescribe me something because I didn't think I could drive to his office. Ugh...I hope you feel better fast!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get to feeling better! I hate to hear you are struggling with so much illness. Sending you some virtual chicken noodle soup, some flowers, and a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, you poor thing. I wish I lived closer to you so I could take the kids for a few hours so you could rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter is one of the embarrassingly bad soccer players. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You poor girl! That's a lot to deal with. I'm glad you have a supportive husband to help out! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!