Wednesday, September 11, 2013

12 Years

I don't have much to say this year.
I wrote this last year, and I pretty much feel the same way. 

My husband joined the Marine Corps in 2001 right before the attacks, and I joined a year later in 2002. 
It's crazy, sad, and everything in between to think that our family has never known a Marine Corps at peacetime.
In fact, we've been in the Marine Corps from the very beginning of it all (2001) until now (2013), and there is still no definite resolution.

Today, I hug my children a little tighter, and thank God that such brave people exist in our country.

Today, I remember the men and women like SSgt Vincent Bell.
The brave man that our son gets the honor of sharing part of his name with.

3 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to all the families who lost loved ones that day <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a hard day, and it'll continue to be for a long time. It's sad that we still haven't been able to find some peace in this situation, and that so many people thing everything is winding down and we're getting close to not being at war anymore. Simply not true, and it makes it sting all the more!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!