Sunday, August 11, 2013

Waiting on Baby

My doctor already told me that it didn't look like baby M would be here before his due date.
I'm "right where I need to be" as far as dilation and effacement for this stage of my pregnancy.
We've already discussed being induced just a few days prior to my due date.

To make a long story short.
I had what is called a "precipitous" labor and delivery with my daughter.
Because of that, I am at high risk to have a repeat of that episode.
So in order to give birth in a more controlled and safe environment, my doc and I feel more comfortable controlling my delivery before my body actually goes into "delivery mode" on its' own. 
I actually have a little anxiety about going into labor before my induction date for fear of another delivery like my daughter's.

ANYWAY...
Even though doc predicts that baby won't be here early, a girl can still hope and pray, right?!
I'm considered full-term, so TECHNICALLY, he can come any day now...

And frankly...
Mama is tired of being prego.

I also hate dislike it when people tell me, "Oh honey, you don't want him here anytime soon! Enjoy your sleep now, cause you won't be getting any when he's here!"

WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I'M GETTING GOOD SLEEP NOW?!?!

I'd much rather be getting the 2-3 hours of continuous sleep when when baby's here than the 8-9 hours of tossing and turning I am doing now.


 While waiting on baby, I've been trying to make the most of my weekends with the family.
I think I may have overdid it this weekend because I'm ridiculously tired today.

We spent the entire day yesterday at the Belkin Family Lookout Farm here in Natick. 
 They have apples and peaches ready for picking already, but we spent so much time at the children's play area that we ended up not picking any fruit.
Nick and D had a blast though, and this pregnant mama exhausted herself.

D had her face painted...



The rock climbing wall freaked her out a little...
 Or maybe it was daddy threatening to let go of her...lol

I don't know what came over me, but after we spent an entire afternoon in the sun at the farm, I decided that we needed to go on a mile long walk with D on her bike.


As a child, I was afraid of EVERYTHING.
My poor daughter inherited my "scaredy cat" gene.
When it comes to riding her bike, she is deathly afraid of riding downhill.
It doesn't help that we live in an extremely "hilly" neighborhood.
So I was an extremely proud mama when she rode down this little hill all by herself...

And as if the bike ride/walk wasn't enough to tire me out, I decided that we all needed to pull out the motorcycle and D's Powerwheel out for a little impromptu car wash.

New England isn't the greatest state to own a crotch rocket. 
The weather is only good for riding for maybe 6 months out of the entire year.
It also doesn't help that hubby was gone for 3 out of those 6 months, and I've been pregnant the entire time.
So the poor R1 has been sitting in the garage ALL winter long and ALL summer long. 
Actually...due to deployments and training, the poor bike barely gets any good use. 
She's a 2008, and we've only put 5,000 miles on her in the 5 years that we've owned her. 
But at least in Cali, we could ride it year around!

By the time bed time rolled around, I was OUT.
And here I am today...
exhausted...



5 comments:

  1. I always slept better with a newborn than the last two months of pregnancy.
    Those people can just go away. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you on the sleep!!!! I couldn't sleep to save my life the last few months of pregnancy. Plus at that stage who wants to be pregnant anymore, it is just time for baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of that activity got your little out?? Haha! Oh, the waiting is the hardest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that yellow car!

    Yeah, I remember towards the end of my pregnancies that I was not sleeping the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!