Thursday, August 8, 2013

This Little Ole Blog

Last night, I got an email from voiceboks saying that I was nominated as a Top 50 Military Mom blogger.

I'm not even sure how or why.
I'm pretty sure I was probably just randomly picked.

I have a few faithful followers, but I don't consider my blog anything special.

I started my blog 4 years ago to chronicle my journey as a new mom on active duty.
I wanted something for my daughter to look back and read about our adventures someday.
I also wanted a way for my close friends and family back home in Texas to have a way to keep up with our family.
Being a military family, it's tough to keep in touch with everyone, so what better way than to blog it?!

Over the years, it's evolved into much more than just chronicling our day to day life as the Romer family.
I write my deep, personal opinions.
I share my joys, passions, and relationships.
I complain.
I whine.
I share recipes.

I've shared my struggles as a new mom.
My struggles of guilt as a working mom.
My struggles while my husband deployed to Afghanistan twice.

I've shared my highs as a new mom.
My highs of being one of the "the few. the proud."
The "high" feeling of having my husband back safely from combat.

It's crazy how much my life has changed in the 4 years I've been blogging.
When I first started this blog, I was a new mom, a newlywed, an active duty Marine recruiter...
I was a Christian that was not quite saved yet.

Today, I'm about to be a mom of TWO...
Still married to the same handsome guy I married 5 years ago :)
I'm a stay at home mom.
Lastly...I. am. saved.

Another awesome thing that has come out of blogging?!
I've connected with so many other amazing military wives that I am in awe of every day.

Maybe one day, I'll actually get to meet some of them IN PERSON, but until that day ever comes (if it ever does)...
If I've ever commented on your blog, it means I stalk your blog pretty regularly, because I think you're awesome :-)


And no...I will not be hounding anyone to vote for my blog to make it into the top 10.
I'm just grateful it was chosen (random or not).

6 comments:

  1. That is so great for you to be nominated! I will absolutely go cast my vote for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally deserve to be Top Military Mom blog. You offer a unique perspective of having been prior military and being a spouse. You have so much to share! Plus you are the like the cutest pregnant lady ever and that should earn you about a 100 votes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! you're so sweet!!! You just made my day!

      Delete
  3. Wow, congratulations! It's such a great feeling to be recognized like that.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!