Friday, August 30, 2013

It's Preschool, Not College


Today was my baby girl's first day of preschool.
Actually, I should say first day of preschool for the second time. 
She's been in daycare and preschool since she was 6 weeks old, but I feel like "real preschool" starts the year before Kindergarten.
After getting out of the Marine Corps last October, she's been home with me living the "good life". 
It didn't make it any easier for me to drop her off though!
Especially having a newborn in the house now, she just seemed so BIG...so grown up.
 Hubby walked her in since it was her first day.
I think I told her "I love you" a million times in the car before she got out.
I reminded her that "she can do all things through Christ..."
I told her to be nice to everyone (even the boys), and to make lots of new friends.
He said that she just ran in and didn't look back once.
The part that made me super sad was when my hubby mentioned that he felt like she didn't need us anymore.
She started preschool today, mind you. 
It's not like she was going off to college.
I don't even want to think about that day. 

We all had lunch today at Casey's Diner.
It's a really cool little rail car converted into a diner here in Natick with the best hot dogs around!
Our family usually go there on Sundays, and we figured little Mattis needed his first Casey's experience.

Dannika is also starting gymnastics next week, so we went out and bought her a new leotard today.
Between paying tuition for everything and buying leotards and supplies, I'm absolutely certain that we are done having children!
People weren't kidding me when they told me children were expensive!

Our week has been busy busy!
Honestly though, having a newborn and a preschooler is a lot easier than having just a newborn!
D is such a great help, and she's old enough to contribute to household duties and chores.
I'm also recovering from labor and delivery a lot faster than I did with D.
My body was a hot mess after I had D, but I feel almost back to my old self.
I can't wait to get the clear to start running and working out again!
I want my abs back!!

Lastly...
The first Aggie football game of the season is TOMORROW!
YAY!


3 comments:

  1. Preschool is such a milestone for mom and kid!! I felt like it all happened so fast!! I was the same way when I dropped off my son, I just did it and left. I knew if I saw him looking for me or heard him say mom I would have cried!! Haha. But he loves it so it makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does happen entirely too fast!!!! I wish I could slow time down just a little bit every once in a while.

      Delete
  2. I remember my oldest's first day of preschool. I started him right before my little man was born because I didn't want him to think I had a baby and was sending him away. I cried so hard that first day.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!