Friday, August 9, 2013

Spinach, Corn, & Tomato Salad

I love a great salad in the summer.
It's also a really quick dinner I can whip up when I don't feel like cooking.
Actually, at this stage of my pregnancy, I wish we could eat out every night!
It's so easy to throw a salad together and add a chicken breast (or something) for a delicious meal! 

Last night, we had a spinach, corn, and tomato salad.
(baby spinach leaves, 1 can of corn drained, 1 tomato chopped)
 Topped with avocado.

I usually like to make my own salad dressing, but as I stated earlier, this prego has not been feeling much like Ina Garten lately. 
I'm always on the lookout for delicious salad dressings that are HEALTHY with no preservatives.
So when I found this dressing at our local grocery store, I was beyond excited!
It's a yogurt based dressing, and there are absolutely no preservatives!
Did I mention how tasty it is?! 
They also make a delicious ranch dressing that I think is my favorite!

I topped my salad off with an oven baked chicken breast for some protein, and that's what we had for dinner!

My family has pretty much cut carbs out of our diet a while ago, and my husband mentioned last night that he felt a lot better physically since we did that!
It doesn't mean we don't EVER have carbs.
We probably have a wrap on a whole wheat tortilla or whole wheat pasta once every few weeks, or when we go out to eat we tend to indulge a little.
And...we do have natural carbs...like the kind in fruit. 
But we've all noticed a big difference in how our bodies responded (in a positive way) when we restricted our carb intake as far as bread and pasta goes.

For a healthy dessert, my family's been really enjoying this Greek yogurt concoction I've been making.
It's 2 1/2 cups of plain nonfat Greek yogurt, 2 packets of stevia, a few squirts of agave syrup (to your tasting), 1 banana chopped, 2 large strawberries chopped, and topped with coconut chips.
It's a great light dessert that is easy on the waistline!

2 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, I am with you. Salads have been a go-to around here too because there is no way this fatty is standing in front of a stove!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!