Saturday, August 24, 2013

Last Saturday as 3

My mama's here from Texas.
My hospital bags are packed and in the car.
My induction is scheduled for Monday at 0700.

"Baby M...you can make your appearance any time now, and I will be ok."

These last few weeks have d-r-a-g-g-e-d by, but now that I'm realizing it's our last Saturday as a family of 3, it feels like time flew!

My husband makes us pancakes from scratch, bacon, and scrambled eggs for breakfast every Saturday when he is home.
It's our Saturday morning tradition.
He will not let me in the kitchen on Saturday mornings to help him with anything!
I've learned to kick back, and let him do his thing.
And he seriously does make the best pancakes and scrambled eggs ever.
It's the only time I'll eat full fat, real bacon, butter, and anything else besides egg whites :-)
I even pour a healthy serving of real maple syrup on my pancakes.
Live a little, right?

So today, I'm going to enjoy my last Saturday morning breakfast with my family of 3.
I'll probably do a little walking and enjoy the cool New England "end of summer" air.

I'm so privileged that God chose me to carry His child inside of me for the last 9 months.
It's been amazing to watch and feel my body change with every week of this pregnancy.
I'm excited for my daughter to meet her new baby brother, and I know both my husband and I are excited about adding a new (and final) addition to our perfect family of 3.


Happy Saturday, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. You're almost there, comfort comes soon! :) Enjoy the 'cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A couple days and you'll be holding that sweet baby in your arms!! Enjoy your weekend -- and best wishes Monday morning!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!