Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Twenty Nine

 Just a random photo of D and her pinterest Easter craft...a toilet paper roll bunny.

 
Yesterday, I turned 29.
One more year to act dumb and blame it on my twenties...lol.

No really though...
This is the first birthday in three years that I've gotten to spend it with my husband.
This is a year of a lot of firsts for our family since my husband has always been deployed, training, or in the field for important family events the last 3-4 years.
Things like Valentine's day, St. Patrick's Day, and my birthday meant a lot more to me this year than they have any other year.
I realize how valuable time together as a family is when you're in this life (the military life).

My husband asked me about a week ago what I wanted for my birthday, and I hadn't really put much thought into it. 
I was just so excited that I was going to get to have a birthday dinner with my husband, live and in person!
I normally have a list of things I would like for my birthday, but as always, I tell my husband I don't want anything (like most women do, but we really expect something, right?).
He always gets me something anyway, and I'm always very thankful.
He was a little more persistent this year to get an answer out of me for what I wanted.
Normally, he would have given up after the first time and just got me something based on my personality.
I finally gave in and told him that I would like a designer diaper bag.
(I just laughed out loud typing that).

I never thought in a million years, I would be asking for a nice diaper bag. 
When D was an infant, I refused to carry a diaper bag because they all looked so "momish", and I wanted to be the cool, hip, and in style mama.
I carried a large Marc Jacobs purse as a "diaper bag".
Because it wasn't actually made as a diaper bag, it was a little inconvenient as far as hauling all my baby stuff around, so this time around, I wanted an actual diaper bag that was cleverly disguised as a purse.

I gave my husband a few links of different diaper bags I had researched online, and let him just "go with it".

Here's the one he ended up getting for me...

 Can't go wrong with Kate Spade!

I wanted something stylish that didn't look "momish".
I wanted a bag that I could carry long after my next baby did not need me to lug a diaper bag around.
I would totally carry this if I didn't have children, and based on the reviews, a lot of women purchased this bag to use as a briefcase for work or as just a cute large handbag.
I'm very happy with it :-)
My birthday was amazing.
We ordered sushi, and my husband brought home these amazing cupcakes from Sweet Bakery in Harvard Square!
  I never thought I'd say this, but they were WAY better than Sprinkles cupcakes!
I was so sad that there wasn't a Sprinkles Cupcakes out here, but I'm so happy we found another bakery to go to for our sweet treats!

My mom sent me jewelery. A beautiful Swarovski crystal necklace.

Twenty Eight was amazing!
I can't wait to see what the next year brings.
It's crazy that just one year ago, I was still in the Marine Corps, my husband was in Afghanistan, and I was getting ready to go in for knee surgery.
I am so happy with the way the year turned out, and even more excited for the next few years as a family!





1 comment:

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!