Saturday, March 16, 2013

Oh, Blue Bell

I'm not much of a sweet tooth.
I think it has to do with the fact that I was raised eating home cooked Korean meals, and dessert is not a big part of the Korean culture. 
Either way, the only time I become a dentist's worst nightmare is when I am pregnant.
I crave everything sweet and sour....yes I am guilty of eating an entire family size bag of Sour Patch Kids a few weeks ago (Don't judge!), and yes, I am guilty of eating lemons raw until I have no enamel left on my teeth for days.
I also seriously crave cupcakes, ice cream, and every sweet treat that I normally despise. 

However, the one thing I always crave whether I am pregnant or not is Texas' famous Blue Bell Ice Cream (my mouth just watered).
I never knew other brands like Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Daas existed until I left the great Lone Star State.
My mom always bought Blue Bell, and all my friends parents only had Blue Bell in their fridge, so any other brand of ice cream was obsolete.
I think moving away from Texas (and the south, since BB has expanded to other states outside of Texas) has given me an appreciation for the delicious creamy ice cream that is Blue Bell.
I once tried to order BB ice cream and have it delivered to my house in CA, but I just couldn't fathom spending 130 bucks for ice cream.

Anyone who is raised in Texas who lives within a reasonable driving distance to the famous original Blue Bell creamery has gone on a field trip there as a child at one point or another.
Lucky for me, College Station is literally a 20-25 minute drive to the creamery in Brenham, TX.
I remember my mom used to give me $20 to spend at the gift shop, and I would come home with $20 dollars worth of their ice cream scented pencils (Marcella, if you're reading this, you probably would go crazy over these delightful souvenirs!).

ANYWAY...
Where am I going with this post?
Recently, it was brought to my attention by some Facebook friends of mine (that live in Texas of course) that Blue Bell now has a contract with Outback Steakhouse, and every Outback Steakhouse in the country can only serve Blue Bell ice cream!!!!!
I think I about had a heart attack when I heard this, because an Outback Steakhouse JUST OPENED right by my house in Massachusetts!
Our family decided to go have dinner there last night, and most importantly, we ordered the chocolate sundae...
I was going to be so upset if the vanilla ice cream in my sundae did not have the signature Blue Bell ice cream yellowy vanilla tint to it.

And there it was!
The only place outside of the South that you can eat Blue Bell ice cream...
It was seriously heavenly.

I actually scraped all the whipped cream and chocolate syrup off just to taste the delicious ice cream that was under all of it!

If you've never tried it, you need to either A) Plan a trip to Brenham, TX and try it straight from the creamery or B) Go to Outback and order a sundae!

You won't be disappointed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!