Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Great Breastfeeding Debate (and other stuff)

Now that I have let the cat out of the bag, and everyone knows that I have a bun in the oven, I can start ranting and venting about topics on my blog that I have been holding back on.
Let's just get right to the point.

Since finding out I was prego again back in January, I've been noticing on my Facebook that EVERYONE seems to be pregnant.
My sister in law and I are actually pregnant together and due around the exact same time (talk about timing!).
Maybe it's like when you buy a new car, it seems like everyone is driving YOUR car.
 There are also a lot of new mommies on my Facebook as well, and I am totally guilty of stalking each and every single one of their Facebook pages to scroll through the hundreds of photos that they post of their little ones.
I am obsessed with baby pics...OBSESSED!

Another thing I have been noticing is the amount of articles posted on my newsfeed from various mothers about the wonders of breastfeeding.
They irritate me like no other.


(just click on the link above)

After reading it, you'll realize why they irritate me so much.
And no, I am NOT against breastfeeding, and I COMPLETELY and 100% agree that breast is best for your child...no questions.

:-)

Rant over. 

And just to end on a happy note...

My hubby and I had a much needed date night this past Saturday without the kiddo.
We were invited to a birthday party for one of the Navy guys that he works with..
We went to a Brazilian steakhouse called Fogo de Chao in Boston. 
If you've never been to a Brazilian steakhouse before, I HIGHLY recommend you try it.
It's pricey, but well worth it with the amount of steak and quality of steak that you get.
If you're on the Atkins diet or low carb diet, this is the place for you!
If you're a vegetarian or a vegan, you'll probably go hungry here. 
It's quite an experience as well.
When you first arrive, you are seated and treated to an all you can eat salad bar (and this is not your typical Sizzler steakhouse salad bar.)
The salad bar is stocked full of fresh salads, produce, toppings, smoked salmon, artichokes, cold cuts, etc., and it is ALL gourmet.
Afterwards, once you are seated to eat, you have a little disc at your place setting. 
One side is red and other side is green.
Once you turn the disc to green, the "gauchos" (aka meat servers) start coming to your plate one by one with skewers of fresh off of an open fire (traditional Brazilian way of cooking meat) meat.
They slice the meat (based on how you like it cooked) right onto your plate.
Once you turn your disc back to red, they stop coming and give you a chance to eat in peace.
We had everything from filet mignon, sirloins, ribeyes, backstrap, chicken, chicken wings, meat wrapped in bacon, meat dusted with fresh parmesan, pork, etc.
Basically, I think I sampled just about every single portion of the cow that is edible.
It was fabulous, and definitely one of those "once in a while" restaurants.
There's no way we could afford to eat there all the time!
Nonetheless, it was delicious, and I am looking forward to checking it out again in the future!

One our way to the dorms of Boston University to drop off our little munchkin with one of Nick's most trusted midshipmen!

Just the two of us! It's been so long since we've been out without D!



1 comment:

  1. YOU just do what you feel is the best for you, your family and Baby. Don't worry about what others say!
    So glad you guys had a night out!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!