Monday, May 2, 2011

Just Another Marine Corps Morning...

Being a dual active duty couple...
Nick and I face some rather unique challenges that most marriages don't face.

BUT THAT'S A WHOLE ANOTHER BLOG POST...
So we won't go into that :-)

Lucky for me,
I am in a field of work in the Corps that does not require large amounts of time in the field.
I also happen to be going through some serious issues with cartilage damage in my knee from my years of running long distance which keeps me here in the states...and non deployable.
I guess it's a blessing in disguise?
(you decide)

HOWEVER...

Being married to an artillery guy...

It seems like when he isn't deployed...
He is ALWAYS in the field.
I have learned to adjust and get used to our periods of separation.
Dannika is at an age now though when Daddy is gone...
she has an idea of what is going on, and she is not herself.

This morning, Nick woke her up at 0500 (that's 5am for you non military types) to say bye to her before he left to go to the field.
Bad idea...

HORRIBLE idea.

After he left, she was attached to me like KRAZY glue.

While I love it when she's super cuddly...
HOWEVER...
I don't love it so much when I have a million things to do in a short amount of time.

This morning, I decided to relax and just enjoy the few hours I get to spend with babygirl everyday. 
Life is too short to always be in a hurry :-)

The tank top she is wearing is actually sent to us from my Uncle in South Korea...it is a French boutique original :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!