Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day...Eve!

My very FIRST Mother's Day, May 9, 2010


I was thinking today about my Mother's day last year and read my blog post  from last Mother's Day.
Nick was in Afghanistan, and I spent my first Mother's Day alone with Dannika.
It made me smile though :-)
I don't really ask for recognition for being a mom, but having a day that's all about moms gives me a reason to be spoiled for a day :-)
 
Being a mom, a Marine, and a wife to a Marine sometimes makes me want to poke my eyes out, but at the end of the day, the only person I can't wait to see is the little girl that calls me "mommy" (on and my absolutely wonderful handsome husband, Nick)
Dannika was never planned nor was she ever part of our (Nick and me) plans...
But she kind of happened to us, and life has been nothing but giggles, smiles, sweetness, and love. 

I'm never going to say that it's easy.
There are days when I say "I HATE being a mom and life was so much easier before motherhood."

But at the end of the day when I put my little girl to bed, I smile and take a BIG sigh....

and think...

"What have I done to deserve such a title to called a 'mother'?"

God is wonderful, isn't he?!

Tomorrow will be my FIRST Mother's Day with Dannika AND Nick.
I'm so excited cause Nick made reservations at the Sundried Tomato (as seen on the Real Housewives of Orange County!) for me.

I LOVE that place. 
 
I'll post pics and a blog about my First Mother's Day as a family of 3 :-)
 
Cards from Nick and Dannika

Gerber daisies are my favorite...Nick brought these home to me today :-)


 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!