Friday, July 3, 2015

Love/Hate

I decided go with the theme of Jen's blog at Marathons & Dog Tags, and participate in a 10 Things I Love and 10 Things I hate post. 

I'm supposed to tag 10 other bloggers in it, but I'll just it open to all of you beautiful people!

10 Things I Love (with the exception of the obvious...Jesus, husband, & kids)

Working Out: I am extremely irritable and stressed out if I don't start my day off with my usual 2 hours at the gym.

Aggie Football: I grew up here in College Station, and Aggie football is just something that comes with the territory. I actually tried to "fight the Maroon and white" as a teenager trying to rebel, but my love for my hometown and hometown college won.

Going out to eat without the kids: I love those kids of mine, but I love eating in peace too.

Vacations: Nick and I just booked a vacation to Cancun on a whim for next month. We're celebrating his 32nd birthday and the end of summer session for college. Yay!

Apple products: Between our 2 Macbooks, our giant Mac desktop, ipads, Apple watch, and iPhones...I'm pretty sure the Romers keep Apple in business.

Painted toes: I can't remember the last time I haven't had polish on my toes.

Our current house: We have awesome neighbors, a giant deck outside for entertaining, and it's in an amazing neighborhood.

Kolaches: They're delicious pillows of bread with sausage or bacon or fruit....native to TX.

Pinot Grigio: Chilled, please...in a big wine glass.

Audiobooks: I listen to them while working out. Maybe it's a sign of growing older, but I prefer listening to books over music in the car and at the gym.


10 Things I Hate

Politics and Religion on Facebook: Although I've been guilty of it in my younger less formidable years, as a "grown up", I hate it. I love Facebook because I love seeing photos of my friends and their families. I love seeing pregnancy announcements, job promotions, milestones...I even don't mind people venting because they had a bad day on Facebook....I hate everything else.

Patriots football: Two things: Tom Brady & deflateagate. enough said.

Snow/cold: I've done enough complaining on this subject on this blog and on social media while living in New England. We'll leave it at that.

The world "moist": Huff Post did an entire article on the hatred of the word.

People who don't remove their shoes at my house: First of all, I am Asian. Asians take their shoes off when entering a home. EVERYONE knows this. I always feel all awkward asking people to remove their shoes, and I have painstakingly watched people trod through my house with shoes on because I wanted to be a "gracious host". 

Wal Mart: Wal Mart scares me, and I've only been there twice in the last 3 years....dead serious.

People who drag their feet: Must be the Marine in me. 

Kids with high and tights: Just why would you do this to your kid?!?!

Chain Restaurants: Living in Southern California turned me into a restaurant snob. Don't judge!

Road trips: Why drive when you can fly? That's my motto! I hate sitting in a car for long periods of time. HATE. I fly everywhere.



To be honest the "hate" list was hard to compile. 
I'm in a good place in my life, and happy.
When you're happy, it's hard to find much hate in your life.

Happy 4th of July Weekend, y'all!


11 comments:

  1. This is an honest question and before 2 years ago, I would have never even thought twice about it, but do you provide little stockings or shoe coverings for people that medically can't walk without a shoe?
    Now that I have to wear a supportive shoe at all times, I try to bring my slippers to other people's houses, but sometimes I forget them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! My mom has a bucket of "indoor house shoes and flip flops" by her door so people can put them on in her house.

      Delete
  2. What's high and tights?
    No one likes moist lol lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. High and tight is a really short military haircut!!

      Delete
  3. I love kolaches, they are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 4th of July!

    I also love going out to eat without the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laughing at the shoe thing! I am the exact same way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha military haircuts on kids- too good. a high and tight is the worst ever, even for adults!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love some chain restaurants, but I agree that I hate the concept of them... local establishments are way cooler and usually much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl.
    You wouldn't want my feet bare in your home. Slippers on...still won't help.
    I have always had sweaty little feet. Mini stink grenades! Seriously.
    But I'm with you its rudeeeeee to go stomping in someone's house in your dirty shoes. It means I have to mop again and I hate mopping!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!