Thursday, August 28, 2014

Now A KINDERGARTENER!

This week has been packed with way too many "grow up too fast" milestones for me.
First, Mattis turned 1, and now this happened...
Ok, Time...you can come back now!
Today is Dannika's first official day as a Kindergartener at her first (and not last) elementary school.
She has been counting down the "sleeps" since last Saturday, and the anticipation has been building all week.
I just hope that Kindergarten does not disappoint her big expectations!
I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, and she came up with a doctor, a dentist, and a runner (definitely MY kid, and damn proud).
For the sake of my chalkboard, I made her narrow it down to one, and being a dentist won (for now at least!).

The only things I told her last night before embarking on this 13 year journey called school were these things...

*Always say "yes ma'am, no ma'am, yes sir, and no sir" when answering adults.
*When people aren't nice to you, be nice to them anyway.
*If someone else is being picked on, become their friend.
*Stand up for people.

And most importantly...
Love yourself cause God loves you, and make sure you spend each day glorifying Him...through your actions, your words, and most importantly, your compassion.

I figure the rest, she'll learn along the way through trial and error...lots of errors.
I just hope that through those rough times, she'll always know that we love her unconditionally!

So here she is, y'all!!
My official Kindergartener...sass and all!

"Here mom, get a picture of my new backpack!"
(for you ballerinas out there...notice her feet are in 4th position naturally)




7 comments:

  1. Happy First Day of Kindergarten Dannika!!!
    Those are some awesome words of advice you are sending her off with Hana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeee! I can't wait to hear about how she likes school and how her first day was. What a big time! I still can't believe I have a kindergartener.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahhh --- a kindergartener! Crazy! I'm in love with her shoes, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, such a cute picture. I hope she has a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pictures! I hope she likes Kindergarten! I like her backpack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet girl- I Hope she had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a big deal. It's too bad she had to start here since you're going to be moving soon. I remember my parents moved when I was in 3rd grade and switching schools & having to be the new kid at the school was literally the worst experience of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!