Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Confessions

I stole this idea of doing "Friday Confessions" from Chelsea at Anchors Aweigh.
I really enjoy reading her blog, and following her little family's adventures in the Navy.
Oh, and her and her husband are Fightin' Texas Aggies...so that's just bonus!

So here are my confessions...

I confess...
I told two friends who are non Texans that it annoys me that all these "non native Texans" are moving to my wonderful state. I'm not the only Texan who feels this way...I've had many conversations with my fellow Texans about this issue! In all seriousness, I'm so proud to come from a state that offers so much that people are ditching their own states to become residents there. I guess currently, I'm just jealous because we can't settle down there yet, and all these non residents can! boo! BTW, unless you were born and raised in Texas, you'll never truly understand the immense amount of pride of having Texas as your birthplace on your birth certificate!
 *Fun Fact: I have a Texas tattoo*

I confess...
I have done close to nothing when it comes to taking care of my kiddos the last two weeks. Since Nick's been home, he's taken on all the duties as if he were a single parent. He makes meals for them, changes diapers, bathes them...he's been doing everything. Come Monday when he returns to work, it's gonna be a hard reality check for me to go back to being a "mom".

I confess...
I am officially done breastfeeding Mattis just shy of his first birthday!!!! I'm ridiculously proud because I honestly did not think I'd survive 6 months (my original) goal. I'm so glad I stuck with it for a year.

I confess...
Nick and I had a date night this week (our first one since he's been home from OCS), and I didn't even kiss my kids goodbye when I left them with the sitters (Miss Emilee brought her sister to watch our munckins). I was out of that house in a heartbeat! I love my kids, but mama needs time away, and I haven't been away from them in 12 weeks!!!!!
 We went to see the Ninja Turtles movie (and it was AWESOME!).
Totally brought us back to our childhood.
Afterwards, we went to Legal seafoods to split an appetizer and have some drinks at the bar.

I confess...
I've been having Nick help me with my lifting game at the gym, and I've never been so sore in my entire life. But I don't act like it, cause you know...I don't want him to think I'm weak.
Tickets to the gun show anyone?


Hope y'all have a great weekend!! 
Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on going so long BFing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such cute pictures! My husband and I are probably going to see the Ninja Turtles movie coming up here this weekend or the next. I've heard nothing but good things about it!

    Sunflowers & Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for a date night! We're still looking for a babysitter here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! Using it on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woo hoo date night! I need to schedule one of those into my planner ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!