Saturday, August 30, 2014

Birthday Fun and Family

This week has been so crazy with Dannika's first day of school.
 I totally forgot to post that my mom, little sister, brother in law, niece, and my brother in law's parents ALL came into town to visit us this week!
We had a very FULL house this week!
So let's just recap this week with some photos.

I snapped a few photos of Mattis wearing his traditional Korean hambok.
My aunt in South Korea sent this to us, so this is an original.
A baby's first birthday in Korea is called "dol", and it's traditionally celebrated wearing the Korean traditional outfit (the hambok) with a huge party.

Poor Mattis is a victim of second child syndrome, and we didn't throw a traditional "dol" for him.
We had family in town though, and having a birthday BBQ with just our family was perfect.
I actually had plans to throw him an actual "dol" today, but our family made plans, and we ended up having to cancel it.
I even ordered this elaborate strawberry shortcake for him (complete with matching smash cake), and I cancelled it! 
 But, Mattis did have a great little party with the people who love him most!

Nick made his famous ribs....
Mattis enjoyed them...mmmmmm...

He did get to enjoy a little birthday cake too...

Ok, a LOT of birthday cake...



Post birthday cake bath...as happy as a clam!

Wednesday was a hot day, so Nick cleaned out the giant kiddie pool, we managed to squeeze in two grown men (Nick and my bro in law) and 3 children comfortably.
I'm just going to add that the two grown men were the last ones out of the kiddie pool at the end of the day.

We took the kids to Chuck E Cheese.
I think the adults had more fun than the kids though....

Mattis had his last doctor's appointment in Massachusetts last week!
We sure are gonna miss Dr. Yoon!

It's rare that all the grandkids are ever together with our families spread out all over the country.
I figured I'd use this opportunity to get one good photo of all 3 of the kids.
I thought it'd be a good Christmas gift for our parents to have one of all 3 kids blown up.
Unfortunately, no one wanted to cooperate all weekend, and this is the best photo I got...
Maybe next year...

And finally, Mattis got his very first Tonka truck.
And he loves it!

6 comments:

  1. Doesn't look like Mattis missed that big party at all. He looks perfectly happy with his ribs, cake and truck! Him in that little outfit, omg too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of him in the tub is super cute! You had a lot of people visit, I always love when we have visitors.

    Sunflowers & Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your celebration was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy weekend! Having family there trumps any party you would have thrown. That is a small feat to get everyone in the same place when you are so spread out! Those are the best moments/memories anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos!

    My kids love Chuck E Cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great time. Glad your family got to be there. Love the Tonka truck.. my dad totally bought my sister and I those growing up because he wanted a boy and didn't get one!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!