Thursday, December 19, 2013

The Legend of Ranger Book Review

I've been blogging since 2009, and I've been asked to do many book reviews for my blog.
I've always kindly turned them down, because to be honest, I don't really have great things to say about a lot of the books I read (when someone else recommends it to me). 
Also, my blog is really more about my personal life as an active duty Marine (and now Marine wife and stay at home mom), and book reviews doesn't really fit into my "niche".

However, when I was contacted to review a children's book, it perked my interest right away.
First of all, I have a four year old who LOVES story time, second, the book is written by a veteran, and last, ALL profits from the sale of the book goes to the Antonia J. Giallourakis Endowed Fund in Art Therapy for Children with Cancer at Massachusetts General Hospital.

I received "The Legend of Ranger: The Reindeer Who Coundn't Fly" by Alan Salisbury in the mail this week, and couldn't wait to read it!

Did you know that Rudolph has a little brother, and that Santa has more reindeer besides his "famous 8"?!
Neither did I!
This book is an amazing and heartwarming story about one of Santa's "non flying" reindeer, Ranger. Although Ranger does not fly, he has an important job of hauling toys for Santa on the ground.
He dreams of being able to fly like his older brother, Rudolph, and learns from other reindeer and elves that the "secret lies within".
He sets off on a journey to figure out the "secret" to flying.
It isn't until he is faced with a big challenge that he is forced to find his "secret within".

You have to check out the book to see what big challenge he is faced with, and to find out if he learns to fly or not!

I loved this book because I could use it as a learning tool for my kids about important life's lessons.

This is the perfect book for the child who is just beginning to read chapter books because it's not incredibly long, and flows very nicely.
 It's also the perfect book to read to a child over a period of several days.
I read a chapter a day to my 4 year old, and it gave her lots of anticipation for what would happen in the next chapter.
Lastly, the illustrations are absolutely beautiful, and perfect to hold a child's attention. 

This is a book that should be in everyone's "Christmas library" right next to the classics like "The Night Before Christmas" and "the Gingerbread Man".

You can find the book at most major retailers like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, or on Dr. Salisbury's website!

Disclosure:
This book was given to me for free to write this review. I received no monetary compensation. All opinions on this book are my own.
Disclosure: I received a sample of a product to facilitate my review. No other compensation was provided and all views and opinions stated on this post are 100% my own. ...

Read More at www.onesmileymonkey.com/reviews/book-movies-dvds/the-legend-of-ranger-the-reindeer-who-couldnt-fly-book-review/ © OneSmileyMonkey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!