Saturday, December 7, 2013

Thanksgiving in Houston (pt. 3)

I briefly wrote about my Thanksgiving in this blog post.
I guess I can give y'all a few more details (for those who care).
As I mentioned in my previous post, Thanksgiving was held at my Uncle's luxury high rise in downtown Houston.
Yes, I had to add in the world "luxury" because it seriously is.
They have concierge service 24 hours a day there, and it seriously feels like walking into a 5 star hotel.
It has breathtaking views of the city, and the condos feature ceiling to floor windows.
Here's a crappy iPhone photo of part of it.
Gorgeous place.

Ever since I joined the Corps, I rarely get to see all my aunts, uncles, and cousins, so it was really cool to just share a meal with all of them and catch up.
Allow me to introduce just a few of my awesome family.
This is my cousin Daniel.
He works out a lot, and he actually broke my Uncle's arm at a past family get together while arm wrestling him.
He's officially 21, and a college student at McNeese State.

My sweet cousin Ashley.
She seriously went from baby to little adult overnight!
She really is the sweetest and most mature kid I know.

My cousin Josh.
He has like a gazillion Instagram followers.
He's also amazing with kids!

My cousin Sophie, and also Josh's little sister.
She's absolutely adorable, and can do a great rendition of the "Gangnam Style" dance.

This is my cousin Michael...aka...the future doc.
He's in medical school at LSU which to me means that he's super smart.
He's also my cousin Daniel's older brother.

You know how every family has "that crazy Uncle"?
Well this is my crazy Uncle Scott.
He rides a Harley, wears cowboy boots sometimes, and on other days, he prefers these weird Chinese farmer pajama looking things (that he's wearing in this pic).
He always brings the wine to family get functions, and he always brings the laughter.

My grandpa...the "Rev".

This is my crazy Uncle Scott's wife, my aunt Franny. 
She's originally from Hong Kong, and she is the sweetest person ever.
She is always thinking of me randomly and will send me "just because" gifts.
Bless her heart for putting up with crazy Uncle Scott...lol.


This is my Uncle Mike's girlfriend, Lori.
Gorgeous, right?
She's been a part of our family for like 6 or 7 years? A really long time.
She did most of the Thanksgiving preparations, and hosted a fabulous Thanksgiving for all of us!

And my beautiful mom whom everyone assumes is my sister.

I left out a bunch of people because I didn't have a photo to go with it, but if y'all are reading this, y'all know I love you more than anything!

After stuffing our faces with food, we went out on the balcony to watch the "lighting of the trees" ceremony in downtown Houston and fireworks.
We had the best view.





It was awesome to get to watch it in the comfort of the balcony instead of freezing in the streets with the crowds!

I had a great Thanksgiving, but it truly was not the same without my grandma.
As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, she fell in her bathroom, broke 4 ribs, and collapsed her lung the morning of Thanksgiving, so she was hospitalized.
Afterwards, we headed to the hospital to visit and sit with her for a while.
I knew she was sad she couldn't spend it with the entire family, but we all went and visited her which I knew she appreciated.

All in all, I'm just blessed I got to spend it close to my family!
Cheers!






1 comment:

  1. I love all your family pictures! And the fireworks are so cool. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!