Thursday, December 5, 2013

Thanksgiving in Houston (pt.1)

As soon as we got into Houston, my mom picked us up from the airport, and we met up with my dad to have lunch at a Korean/Japanese noodle restaurant. 
We were really excited since it would have been my dad's first time ever meeting his new (and only) grandson.
If you can't tell, he was elated (and Mattis looks surprised...lol)!

Afterwards, we headed over to my grandparent's house.
I feel so lucky to be able to give my grandparents to opportunity to see their great grand children.
I know a lot of people don't have that sort of opportunity, so I felt really blessed to be able to do that for them.
My poor grandma had fallen and fractured her foot the week prior, so she was in a boot.
To make things worse, she fell in her bathroom on Thanksgiving, broke 4 ribs that collapsed her lung, and was hospitalized the entire time I was home.
I got to go see her every day at the hospital, but it wasn't the same as going to her house to see her,
Please pray for my grandma!

This is my grandpa (AKA the Rev) holding Mattis for the first time.

My kids and their great grandparents.

My grandma and me

One thing that I do every time I go home is get my hair cut.
I've lived in New England now for a year, and I still have yet to find a hair salon that I really love.
When I lived in Orange County, it felt like there were state of art hair salons in every corner, but after moving here, it's been such a challenge.
I always make a trip to Michaelyndon Salon in Houston to get my hair done with Alvin.
As always, he did not disappoint!

I told him my hair was all falling out due to post pregnancy hormones, and he knew just the hair cut to get me through the "awkward hair stage".
Seriously, you can't find a salon like that up here!

I'll write more about the rest of my trip later!

2 comments:

  1. I love your hair so much!! And I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, I hope she is doing better. Going home to see family is the best feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great! I hope your grandma is healing quickly!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!