Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Home

Our poor Master Bedroom has been neglected (decor-wise)
I spend so much time decorating the living room, kitchen, dining room, and the baby's room.
I just feel like I don't ever invite people into our room so I choose to put it on the backburner.
We did, however (comma...pause for effect) paint our bedroom a few months ago with a beautiful shade of light gray with a dark gray accent wall.
We put up silverish curtains up on our GORGEOUS windows.
That's all we ever did.
Our room has this GORGEOUS (overuse of this word, but I like it) built in vanity in the master bedroom.
Since it's MINE, I chose to decorate that.
(See below)

It's always a mess




I got these adorable boxes from Michael's. I use them to store my straightening irons and make up.

Other than that, we don't have too much going on in the Master bedroom.
I finally figured out what to do with this wall decoration thing that I bought at an antique store a few months ago...
I painted the plates with chalkboard paint and hung it up in our room. I'll take pictures of the rest of the room once it's done.

Faith, Hope...and the greatest is Love...

Does anyone know where that came from???

If you said Alan Jackson's song "Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning"....you're WRONG!

It is actually a bible verse.
1 Corinthians 13:13

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."

And here's my other project with chalkboard paint for our hallway....
I bought this hideous painting from the Salvation army for 12.50 because I LOVED the old rustic antiquey frame.
I painted straight over the glass with chalkboard paint.


I LOVE owning my dream townhouse in South Orange County.
Especially what we paid for it :-)
We bought it for half of what it sold for in 2005....HALF 
California housing prices are RIDICULOUS, and what we paid here for our small cozy townhouse, we could have purchased a 6 bedroom home in Texas on 2 acres of land....just to give you perspective.

It's in a GREAT location...running distance to the beach....in the OC....walking distance from historic San Juan and some AWESOME restaurants that any foodie would dream about.
Nick and I plan to keep it even after retirement from the Marine Corps so that we will always have a vacation home to come to in Sunny California even after we move back to God's Country...Texas :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!