Monday, August 8, 2011

10 Day YOU Challenge-Day 7

Here we go...Almost done!
FoUr BooKs

4. Escape by Carolyn Jessop. Story about the woman who escaped from the polygamist cult that was ran by Warren Jeffs. I couldn't put the book down!

3. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Lee Dugard. 18 years in captivity and kidnapped by sexual predators. Sad, heart wrenching book about triumph and resilience. I cried, got angry, was happy...all in one book

2. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin and John Archambault. MY FAVORITE childhood book. I pick it up sometimes and read it aloud to myself....when Dannika's not even with me. It's so catchy!

1. The Bible. I don't read this enough, and I need to read it more. Actually, I may go pick it up right now and read it. It has all the answers you need about love, marriage, children, parenting, friendships, hatred, jealousy...just to name a few. Man, why haven't I been reading it as much as I should!? I just convinced myself.

5 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute!! And thanks to your husband especially for his service :) I'm your newest follower and I'd love a follow back when you get a minute to swing by my blog!!

    Ashton
    http://www.somethingswanky.com
    {Sweet Treats Thursday} Thu-Sun

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read some of these books. I agree with you on the Bible. God's word. So precious. A feast for our souls. So glad I found you on VB.

    Thank you for the sacrifice it takes to be a Marine Corps family. I cannot imagine all you do. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sound like amazing books! And, I agree with Chicka Chicka Boom Boom... I must have read this 100 times at least!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hana,
    I'm so glad to have found you via voiceBoks! I love your blog. This list of books is great and of course my favorite one is the Bible!
    My husband served in the Marine Corps and his brother just retired after 25 yrs. He was Master Sgt. over Force Recon.
    I wish your family many blessings!
    ~Erin
    www.mynuggetsoftruth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!