Saturday, March 5, 2011

heaven's scenes...guarded by United States Marines...

 My morning  started out just like any other morning.
I gave Dannika her breakfast, and proceeded to check my Facebook and read my Yahoo news.
As I was scrolling through the news feed, I saw several Marines I know had posted RIP Jordan Stanton.
My heart stopped for what seemed like a minute when I saw it. 
I couldn't believe it, and I found myself buried in Google trying to find out if it was THE Jordan Stanton.
The Jordan Stanton that I met in 2008 at RSS Mission Viejo.
He was one of those "kids" that EVERY recruiter wants.
He was in great shape (in fact, I never saw that kid without a protein shake in his hand). 
He was smart.
He had drive and motivation.

He wanted to be in the infantry.
There was no other job he wanted.
And he was patriotic.
This is a word that most "kids" in Orange County don't even know what it means.
I was not his recruiter, but he was recruited out of the office I worked at. 
I enjoyed his presence in my office. 
He was your typical jock, but not cocky.
He had a quiet nature to him.
On several occasions I went with him to his high school with his recruiter.
He was popular.
Liked by just about everyone.
While in boot camp, he was chosen to become a member of the Marine Corps' Silent Drill Platoon.
He had the look.
He kindly declined the offer though because he didn't want to miss "the fight".

In fact, even long after he had left for boot camp and had became a Marine...
I would have random people come in the office just to ask about him and see how he was doing.

I found out that he had tried out to go Recon.
I couldn't see him doing anything else.
He was among the elite just as a Marine, but he made it into an even smaller group of elite Marines in the Corps.

He loved tattoos. 
Even after myself and a few other recruiters told him to lay off on them (for the sake of his career in  the future as a Marine), he didn't listen :-)
He just smiled and said ok.

So Corporal Jordan Stanton...

If you're reading this from heaven.

I want you to know that I am eternally grateful for your sacrifice. 
I am honored that I had the chance to meet you, even if it was just for a short while.

If the Army and the Navy ever look on heaven's scenes,
They will find the streets are guarded by,
United States Marines...

Rest In Peace,
Semper Fidelis.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the kind words about my friend and nephew Jordan he had a wonderful sense of humor and we all love and miss him.

    Charlie Stanton

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!