Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Independence Day, Texas!

Us Texans are proud people.
Today is Texas' Independence day from Mexico.
So I had to do a shout out :-) 


Tomorrow, I go check into my new/old unit, MALS-39 :-)
It is bittersweet.
I am excited to be done with the hell they call recruiting duty, and yet, I've enjoyed spending so much time with Dannika, that I'm sad to be leaving.
I do plan on taking leave until Nick gets back from Bridgeport, but still...a girl can be sad.

People keep asking me if I'm deploying.
The answer is no.
I didn't complete my tour on recruiting duty due to some medical issues and the stress of a b-billet while being a mom while being a wife to a husband who spends more time away from home than we would like...it just became an issue.
I used to LOVE deploying.
Not so much anymore.
My priorities are different.
I'm taking my medical issues as a blessing in disguise.

On another note, 
I decided to go on a shopping spree for Miss Dannika.
I went a little overboard...
but in my defense,
she will be 20 months old this month.
Most of her clothes are 12-18 month clothes, and she is outgrowing them at an alarming rate.
The damage done today???
let's just say...

I guess I'll just skip eating this paycheck.

I also bought her two brand new pairs of shoes.
I spent quite a bit on her shoes.
My daughter was born with her daddy's feet.
They are EXTREMELY narrow.
So most bargain shoes from Target, Wal-Mart, WHEREVER...do not fit her feet.
The only shoes that fit her are from Stride Rite, or the fancy designer shoes....

So 87 dollars later...

Our pediatrician always told us from the day she was born (upon seeing her little feet), that her shoes were gonna be expensive.
Holy Moly.
This is what we ended up with.
Ecco brand pink Mary Janes


She had a pair of pink converse high tops as an infant...These are her second pair of pink converse sneakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!