Thursday, March 17, 2011

Celebrate St. Patty's Day..and LIFE

I wrote "Celebrate" in the title to this blog.
It felt fitting.

Today I went to say my last farewell to Cpl Jordan Stanton.


I already wrote about what I thought about him (you can read about it here)
It took me a while to decide I was going to attend because let's face it...
I'm one of the most emotional people in the world.
I mean...I can't hold it together in the Lion King...like I literally sob through it.

But I knew I would never forgive myself if I didn't go. 
Luckily, I had a WONDERFUL Marine wife, mother, and friend (Allison Rubalcava) to go with me. 

I wrote the word "celebrate", because the on going theme in Jordan's memorial service was celebrate.
Celebrate life and live it to the fullest.
While my heart still hurts the most for his fiance, his father, his 3 brothers, and lastly...his mother...
I am trying my best to do what Jordan would want all of us to do.
Be happy. Celebrate life. Love our freedom. Love our country.

And of course...

In honor of Jordan....

Happy St. Patrick's Day!








This photo is in honor of another lost life....Baby Maddie...the daughter of the Staats family in Texas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!