Friday, July 18, 2014

TGIF, Y'ALL!

Today was Dannika's last day of dance camp!
I'm not gonna lie, those 7 hours a day of just time with one child were pretty amazing.
I enjoyed it so much, that all these errands I needed to run and chores I needed to do while D was in dance camp this week did not happen.
I ended up going to the gym everyday (and only paying for ONE kid in childcare!), and hanging out with Mattis at home while I watched trashy daytime TV.
We have two more full weeks before we'll be heading down to VA for Nick's graduation from OCS.
I seriously have no idea what I'm gonna do with the kids to make the time pass...
The last two weeks are always the longest, aren't they?

Oh...our water heater broke.
We're going on day 2 with no hot water.
Luckily, we have some guys over here right now replacing our old one with a new one.
I never realized how much I appreciated hot water until we didn't have it.
I took a frigid cold shower today after the gym, and my fingers literally went numb.
I also bathed Dannika in the frigid cold water last night because she absolutely needed a bath.
It was a tearful and very short bath (to say the least).
Oh...and crap like this ONLY happens when Nick is away.
Things run like clock work when he is home, of course.
Hello, Murphy...we meet again.
(Murphy's Law of Military Wife Life...the struggle is real, y'all)

 HOWEVER,
Despite the circumstances of having no hot water, getting letters like this in the mail make me forget the stresses of life...
 Nick always addresses letters to me this way...
SWOON....


Have a great weekend, y'all!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I love how he addresses his letters to you. So sweet! Murphy's Law never fails. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stuff like that ALWAYS happens when they're gone, so annoying! Love his letter to you, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It never fails that when you need the Hubby around, he can't be there. Sorry to hear about the water heater. Ours tore up a few months ago and those couple of days without hot water was brutal. It's definitely a luxury we take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Murphy Law will always find a way haha. Dannika looks adorable posing during those warm ups. I remember doing ballet when I was younger, it was always fun.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!