Monday, July 7, 2014

Lonely House

We dropped off Emilee yesterday at the shuttle, and shipped her away to OCS.
(Let me just explain her attire. All candidates are required to go to OCS in "appropriate civilian attire", which is why she looks like she's going to play golf in the LPGA)


D attempted to help her with the seabag...

She opted for the carry on instead.

Goodbye hugs!

For the last 2 weeks, I've really enjoyed having her around for the adult conversation more than anything.
I mean, she was a HUGE help with the kids, and with little things around the house, but just having someone to talk to was probably the best part.
I also felt like she became my third adopted child.
Not that she acts like a child or anything, but she's only 21 years old, and there were times when she really made me feel 30. 
I forget that most college students are living off of dorm food, fast food, and ramen, and just hearing her be appreciative of simple home cooked meals (like spaghetti...the easiest thing ever) made me feel like my kid was home from college...lol.

So yesterday morning, as I watched her pack her seabag, I couldn't help but feel jittery and anxious for her!
Seriously, I felt like I was sending my child to boot camp where all these mean people were gonna yell at her.
It made me a little sad....not gonna lie.
It also sucked that Dannika became really close to her (since they shared a room together).

The house feels empty again, and I am going back into "countdown mode".
We officially only have 4 full weeks left, and I just pray that these next few weeks FLY!

I took the kids to the park to kill some time.
I seriously did not realize how much having Emilee around made the days go by so fast!



Oh, and I'm gonna have a freaking 5 year old on Saturday!
FIVE!

What the heck is going on here?!


Also, I was nominated again for Voiceboks Military Blogs!
I'm so honored!
If y'all have a quick minute, please click this link, and vote for me!
I'm #47, and all you have to do is click the little heart in the corner of my picture!

5 comments:

  1. Goodness -- those two weeks went by fast! I'm sure the next four will, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I bet it was so fun having someone around to pass the days! And help out with the kiddos. 4 weeks! How exciting, I hope they fly by for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Dannika, don't turn 5!!!
    I think I voted for you, but there wasn't a heart, it just took me straight to your blog. Or I am slighting handicapped...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer to lose your roomie! But only 4 more weeks- you got this!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!