Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Grateful Life

Yesterday was insanely busy.
Dannika started vacation bible school at our church yesterday.
It starts at 0845 every morning and ends at 1215.
After dropping her off, I rushed to the gym to work out.
After my work out, I had to rush home, put Mattis down for a very short nap, shower, eat something, wake Mattis up against his will (nightmare), and head back out to pick up Dannika from church.
As soon as we got home, I had just enough time to fix her a quick lunch (that I made her scarf down), feed Mattis, and we were back out the door for gymnastics.
By the time we made it home, I was exhausted from just getting Mattis in and out of the car (in the heat), and shuttling Dannika around all over town.
Poor little guy didn't get a good nap in all day, which meant he was SUPER cranky all day.
Pretty much, he cried and screamed every time he was in the car (which was practically all day).
Did I mention he's teething?

By the time I got home, I plopped down on my couch after turning on the TV for Dannika feeling exhausted.
After reflecting on my day, and writing a letter to Nick, I realized how grateful I was for my life.
If I were still a Marine, I wouldn't have the opportunity to shuttle my kids to things like vacation bible school in the mornings, pick them up, take them to gymnastics...etc. etc. etc.
I'd either have to rely on other people or shell out some bucks for a nanny.
These are things I used to dream about when I was on active duty.
I remember a day at work when I wished so badly to just leave, pick up Dannika from daycare, and take her to the beach because the weather was so nice.
Then I started feeling resentment towards my friends who were stay at home moms enjoying the day with their kids.

So here I am...
With the life I used to dream about.
And as exhausting as today was, I'm grateful.
I wouldn't change a thing, and I'm extremely grateful that our family is in a position to where I am able to stay at home and enjoy my kids....even when they're being "difficult".

Ready to take on the day!

Gym locker room "selfie"...cause I can...and no one was in there...lol.

Today was the first day she was on the narrow beam.
I'm so impressed at how much more confident she is on the beam than she used to be!
The extra lessons are paying off!
 

4 comments:

  1. Just reading all that made me tired! ha! Good job mama, and getting a work out in! You're my idol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you're exhausted, but I think that's the best way to help time fly.
    I voted for you again today BTW and shared your link on fb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do that sometimes too... Just stop and go, "holy cow. This is exactly what I wanted and I have it"

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!