Saturday, July 5, 2014

Meet "Miss Emilee"!

This is a scheduled post, since I am on "vacay"!

I know y'all are probably wondering who this "Emilee" person (AKA my temporary nanny) is that stayed with us the last 2 weeks.
If you follow my blog, I gave you a brief description of who she was and why she was staying here.
She's a college student at MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) who is going through a Marine Officer program called Platoon Leaders' Class (PLC) to commission as a 2ndLt in the USMC when she graduates.
She's managed to stay active in NROTC though, which is how I know her (since Nick works with the NROTC program for all the Boston colleges).
Besides that, I think she's one of the coolest people I know, and y'all should get to know her, so I forced her asked her to do answer some questions about her for me on my blog!

Where are you from?
O'Fallon, MO

What made you decide to apply to MIT, and what's your major?
My major is mechanical engineering. Honestly, I applied to MIT because they sent me a brochure after I took my ACT's. I didn't even know about the institute until I Googled them and found out that "apparently" it was a good school. 

What made you decide to pursue a career as a Marine Corps Officer?
I was looking for more than just a career, I wanted a lifestyle.

What's your favorite sport to watch?
Soccer, because I understand the game best.
(She played soccer her entire life, and she played for the MIT women's soccer team for 3 years!)

What's one of your favorite past times?
I like reading...not just books, but interesting articles, etc...anything really.
(She also enjoys riding her motorcycle)

What is your favorite thing about Boston?
The people I've met through college....
(She's like me...she's not a New England person)

If you won the lottery, what's the first thing you would do with the money?
I'd buy my mom her dream house, and put my 3 younger sisters through college myself.

If you didn't want to be a Marine, you'd be...
A sports medicine doctor

If you're on death row, what would your last meal be?
Grilled NY strip...rare, grilled corn on the cob, grilled bell peppers, baked potato with everything on it....and for dessert "spaghettieis" (google it...it's a german dessert).

LAST...
What are you most looking forward to after college (she graduates in the Spring of 2015)?
Traveling to Germany and seeing my family again.


So there y'all have it!
Just a glimpse into this "Emilee" person that stayed with us for two weeks.
Everyone wish her luck at OCS this Summer!

Btw...she's also amazing with kids...















No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!