Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Feet

This past Saturday, my baby girl had her very first dance recital!
This was her first year in dance, and she has absolutely loved every single minute of it!
She takes ballet and tap, and for her recital they performed a tap dance number to music from the Happy Feet soundtrack.
She's in the youngest class, so they only do one dance.
As a first time "dance mom", I was super excited to go through the dress rehearsals, the pictures, the recital, and everything else that comes with it!
It took me back to my days of dance...
Let me tell you...
HOLY COW....
There is a lot that goes into this "dance mom" business.
Stage make up, stage hair, costumes, shoes, time management...
After this weekend, I am so grateful to my mom for being such an outstanding and patient "dance mom".

Have you ever put stage make up on a 4 year old (or ANY make up)?!
We almost had our first big fight as mother and daughter while doing her make up.
"STOP BLINKING! I'M GONNA GET MASCARA IN YOUR EYE!"
"MAKE AN 'O' WITH YOUR LIPS! NO! NOT LIKE THAT! AHHH...NOW YOU HAVE LIPSTICK ON YOUR FACE!"
"DO NOT SMILE OR MAKE ANY SORT OF FACIAL EXPRESSION AFTER I'M DONE WITH YOUR MAKE UP! YOU'RE GONNA SMUDGE IT!"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOUR EYE ITCHES!?! YOU'RE NOT TOUCHING YOUR EYE! JUST LET IT ITCH."

Seriously....
After all that, make up was a success, and she looked adorable.
Nick was so excited to see her dance.
When her class came out on stage to do their dance, the crowd went wild.
There is seriously nothing more adorable than a bunch of 4 year olds on stage in tap shoes stomping around and moving their arms all over the place.
I watched Nick's eyes "sweating" during the performance (he won't admit that he got teary eyed).
I won't lie, I straight up cried.
It was so surreal to watch our baby girl at her big "debut".
I felt like such a proud mama at that moment, and I couldn't believe how big she looked on stage.

Kinda looks like she's doing the "Thriller" move from Michael Jackson's video.


This was picture day....seriously....
So. Much. Sass. I. Can't. Take. It.

Our neighbors Dan & Linda came to the recital, and Dannika was just excited to get two bouquets of flowers. 


 We have given up on ever getting a family photo with Mattis looking at the camera. (sigh)

Lastly, I hope all the moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day!
I was completely spoiled with a homemade french toast brunch and a pork loin roast on the grill for dinner!
I also got to spend the day alone getting my nails done, and getting some shopping done while Nick stayed home with the kids all day.
It was fabulous!

6 comments:

  1. So cute! Dance recitals are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute!
    My mother's day was completely opposite but I am not complaining! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous little diva you've got there haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE!!!! My mom was a stage mom for me, I am kind of hoping Avalon wants to do the horses more than the dancing. haha! Keeping my fingers crossed ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!