Friday, March 21, 2014

No News

I hate those people who are always alluding to things on social media, but won't just come out and say it.

For example:
"OMG!!! Got some amaaaazing news!"

I'm all here screaming, "WHAT'S THE NEWS?! YOU CAN'T POST THAT AND JUST LEAVE US ALL HANGING!"

Drives. Me. Insane.
 
And yet, I've become that person this week.
I posted yesterday that my family is awaiting some big news from the Marine Corps.
I can't quite say what yet because my husband hasn't told that many people, so out of respect to him, I'm keeping quiet to the world.
But the anticipation of finding something out is killlling me, so I have to vent on social media.
I was a slave to my phone yesterday refreshing the marines.mil website over and over and over and over and over....

I felt like a bit of a lunatic.

It is Friday, and we still have no news.

If the Marine Corps makes us wait an entire weekend before we can start hitting refresh on our phones again next week, I may end up institutionalized. 

Oh, and we are going to Orange County, California for a week tomorrow!

I'm so freaking excited to leave the frozen tundra!

I hope to be able to share some news with y'all...soon!


If anyone knows a guy who knows a guy who's uncle has a friend who works at headquarters Marine Corps, can ya send him my email?!?!




 


5 comments:

  1. Haha I'm the same way when it comes to those social media outbursts. Can't stand it when people do that. Sometimes though, it's for the best (aka most the time it's something we didn't even care about haha). Like when you're in the Military, sometimes you wanna tell people so much but it's probably best to wait, or when you find out your pregnant, and want to wait a little while to tell people. Those are totally understandable! Well anyway, haha, have a super fun trip in So-Cal!

    Just A Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is called vaguebooking and actually a friend of mine set up a secret FB group where we all post those people's statuses and make fun of them. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh yes, vaguebooking. I think we all do it, but some people do it daily, and that's so annoying. I will actually comment, "WHAT IS GOING ON?" or "Stop vaguebooking please!"

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm cracking up that you turned into the very person you were ticked off by. LOL to your secret. It sounds like a goody!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE waiting for news....obviously patience is just not one of my virtues! California sounds great, though! Enjoy your fun in the sun!!
    -Marley
    http://www.afandlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!