Saturday, March 29, 2014

ANOTHER ER Visit For the Gunny

We just got back from our trip to California last night at midnight!!
It was SO much fun and SO eventful!
I plan on blogging all about it on top of what I did for my big dirty thirty!

For now, I am at home taking care of my husband.
Yeah....that's him...in the ER...with an awesome eye patch....the day after our trip.

He had to go to work today for an event at his work called the "Sheehan Cup".
The best way I can describe the "Sheehan Cup" is a glorified field meet that the midshipmen put on.
He's been complaining about this event, and telling me how much he didn't feel like going to it...especially after our vacation and a weekend of traveling.
But of course, like the champ that he is, he got a good 4 hours of sleep last night, woke up at 5, and headed to work for his event.

At 10AM, I received a phone call from him saying he was headed to the ER.
Why?
While playing a little game of dodgeball, he was hit in the eyeball with a ball thrown at him by a midshipman.
He has hyphemia.
(google it)
For the next 2 weeks, he can not sleep laying down, he can't lift anything, he can't PT...he's basically on bed rest. 
Do I blame this midshipman?
Absolutely.
Do I think it's this midshipman's fault?
Absolutely.
 Was I angry?
Absolutely, and my inner crazy Texas/Korean girl was fuming when I found out.

However...I know it was not intentional, and it was during a friendly game of dodge ball.
But I need someone to blame.
And the poor college kid who wants to be a Navy Officer one day gets to be the one to blame. 
Sorry Kid...you don't F*&$ up the the Gunny with no repercussions....whether it was on accident or not. :) (smiley face)

I'm a woman that stands next to her man...no one F's up my man and gets away with it!

I told Nick that the next time I see him, I will be giving him dirty looks and the "side eye".

Better watch out, dude. 
You're just a kid wanting to be an Officer in the military one day. 
This chick's been to a combat zone and is a Marine.
I've "one upped" you in every sense of the military.

On a serious note...
I know it was an accident....
but just sayin'....

I can't wait to catch up to everyone's blogs!
I've been dying to catch up! 


2 comments:

  1. Oh the poor thing - at least he has you to take care of him. I can't wait to hear about your trip. We are going to CA in 3 weeks and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just caught up on everything from the past week- glad Nick is getting better! And I am with you on the sunshine being good for the soul. I am glad Cali brought back some of that joy to your life. happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!