Monday, April 15, 2013

Slow Down and Pray

It hits a little too close to home for comfort.
My husband was in the field all weekend with his midshipmen, and I was so excited that he was getting today off for Patriot's Day and the Boston Marathon.
His office is walking distance to the finish line.

The thought crossed my mind to even go down to Boston to watch the race, but I figured with a tired hubby right out of the field, it'd be best to sleep in and stay at home.

As I'm watching the details unfold on TV, my stomach is in knots.
Watching the footage makes me sick.
Those are streets I drive every time I've been to the city to visit Nick, and those are streets that my husband drives every day.

I want to be angry and want those who did this to be avenged. 
I guess those are natural emotions and the emotions that satan wants us to feel.
So instead of anger, I'm praying for compassion because I refuse to let satan win.
Whoever did this will answer to the only man that can pass judgment one day.


#PrayforBoston


4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you guys are okay. It was incredibly sad what happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were out in California when this all happened and I am glad that my kids were sheltered from it a little bit because of that. I still explained what happened the other day so that they weren't caught off guard, but at least they weren't subjected to all the horror going on at the time.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate every, single comment! Thanks for the love!